Top 5 Irritable Bowel Syndrome Symptoms
If you think you may be experiencing irritable bowel syndrome symptoms, you owe it to yourself to find out as much as you can about irritable bowel syndrome, how it may affect you, and what you can do about it. The symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) may be moderate to severe and, because there are many bloated stomach causes, symptoms of irritable bowel are easy to associate with other, less serious conditions like indigestion or gas. If you think you may suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, learn as much as you can about the problem and monitor for the top five irritable bowel syndrome symptoms:
1. Abdominal pain or cramping. This will be a chronic symptom, although it may seem to improve or go away altogether at times, it always comes back.
2. Irregular bowel movements. This may be in the form of diarrhea, or the opposite – constipation. Green bowel movements may also be a sign that something is wrong.
3. Gas. Constant flatulence that is outside the realm of what is normal for you is a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Clear mucus in stool. This is a telltale sign of irritable bowel syndrome, and an easy one for you to detect if you are paying attention.
5. Bloated feeling in the abdominal area. This is one of the hardest irritable bowel syndrome symptoms to pinpoint, as there are many reasons for why you may feel bloated, and IBS may be the last thing you think of when it’s just as easy to chalk the bloated feeling up to indigestion or a heavy meal.
If you are experiencing one or a combination of these irritable bowel syndrome symptoms to the point where it is affecting your quality of life, see a doctor as soon as possible. Only a doctor can correctly diagnose IBS and get you on the road to recovery, which is likely to include an irritable bowel syndrome diet.