Top 5 Easy Cholesterol Lowering Recipes
1. One of the best cholesterol lowering recipes is the one for Asian Avocados. This recipe contains a number of foods that lower cholesterol levels. One half teaspoon each of minced garlic and minced ginger root which is fresh are combined with one teaspoon of soy sauce. Let this mixture sit for 5-10 minutes so the flavors blend completely. Cut an avocado in half, remove the pit, and spread the mixture on the cut side of both halves.
2. Citrus Salmon In Parchment is a recipe that includes several cholesterol lowering foods.
4 salmon fillets, 4 ounces each
4 squares parchment paper, 12 inches
3 teaspoons of olive oil
1 lemon, 1 lime, and 1 blood orange, sliced into thin rounds with the peel still on
½ teaspoon of lemon pepper
1 bunch of fresh dill
Brush each fillet on both sides with olive oil, and then place on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle one fourth of the lemon pepper on each fillet, then place a dill sprig on top. Place a round of each citrus type on the dill, then add another sprig of dill on top. Fold up the parchment paper to make a sealed package around the ingredients, and bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily. Ginger could also be added for even more cholesterol benefits.
3. One of the delicious cholesterol lowering recipes is Lemon Green Beans with Almonds. This dish has none of the cholesterol in eggs, and is fancy enough for even a holiday meal.
2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces around 2 inches long
½ teaspoon of lemon zest, finely grated
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
1 Tbs of fresh parsley, snipped fine
1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbs of dry roasted sliced almonds
Steam green beans until they are crisp tender, approximately 10 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients except almonds over the green beans, and toss to coat. Add sliced almonds and toss a second time before serving.
4. One of the tastiest cholesterol lowering recipes is Lemon Tilapia and Asparagus Grill. This dish is flavorful and healthy, and recommended by the American Heart Association.
4 tilapia fillets, roughly 4 ounces each
1 lemon, cut into quarters
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Spray grill rack with a non stick cooking spray. Combine all of the spices together, and then rub on both sides of the fish fillets. In the meantime combine together:
1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Add one pound of trimmed fresh asparagus to the mixture and let marinate for 20 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the marinade, and place tilapia and asparagus on the grill together. Cook both for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking.
5. Oatmeal is one of the top cholesterol lowering recipes, and can offer a delicious breakfast or snack option as well. Foods to avoid with high cholesterol include cream and real butter, but low fat milk and spices or fruit can be used to add flavor. Banana nut oatmeal is a great recipe to start any day.
1 serving prepared oatmeal, not the instant variety
½ cup toasted walnuts
sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
Smash the banana, and stir into the prepared oatmeal. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, and then add the toasted walnuts. Stir before serving.