Top 10 Wheatgrass Facts For Your Health
Wheatgrass might not sound like something you want to eat or put into a smoothie, but its health benefits are making news and if you are looking for healthy ways to lose weight, improve skin and hair condition, or just enhance the body’s overall well being, this herbal remedy might be for you. Here are 10 wheatgrass facts that you should know before trying the latest super food:
1. Ingredient in medicine. The whole plant including roots are chock full of vitamins A, C and E, amino acids, calcium and magnesium, which are extracted because of their concentrated amounts.
2. Increased hemoglobin output. This can help prevent tooth decay, and improve diabetic conditions and help ward off infection.
3. One of the better known wheatgrass facts, this super food can be used as a detoxifier, removing toxins and heavy metals from the blood and liver. Its detoxification properties, however, are in fact true of many green veggies.
4. Wheatgrass and cancer have recently been linked, when a study conducted on breast cancer patients showed that its juice reduced their needs for blood and bone marrow increasing medication.
5. Wheatgrass health benefits have been tested in alternative medicine as a treatment for arthritis.
6. High levels of anti-inflammatory properties. This means that it might reduce swelling caused by various health conditions.
7. Wheatgrass has been used to treat conditions of the urinary tract including various infections and kidney stones.
8. Wheat grass side effects are few but can include nausea and constipation.
9. Even though wheatgrass is a natural ingredient, proper dosing is still required, so no binge juicing.
10. Wheatgrass has been touted a “superfood” but is biologically similar to many vegetables including broccoli and squash and contains many of the same nutrients and in similar amounts.
Sadly, there is not enough scientific evidence to turn some of the theories into wheatgrass facts. Hopefully, as test subjects are studied, and more research is done, more benefits can be added to the list of wheatgrass facts, and this healthy green plant can have its full potential “unrooted.”