Top 10 Swine Flu Side Effects
Swine flu side effects have been known to lead to serious complication which is why the swine flu panic has caused so much concern over the past few years. Whether a cough, sore throat, weakness, body aches, or fever, the swine flu side effects include similar symptoms of other influenza. However, swine flu side effects can be more intensive which will lead to deeper, more life threatening issues causing hospitalization, and sometimes even death.
The following are the top ten swine flu side effects:
2. The swine flu side effects for children are also life threatening. Children suffering from the swine flu have an increased possibility of developing seizures due to the potential neurologic involvement of the disease.
3. With pneumonia being a common swine flu side effect, the need for oxygenation is increased for those suffering from severe cases of the disease.
4. Vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal problems associated with the swine flu will be the culprit of more serious issues like dehydration, which will have an effect on heart health and the circulatory system.
5. Kidney and urinary function is compromised when gastrointestinal issues like vomiting and diarrhea cause dehydration.
6. Due to the body’s natural disease combating potential, the immune system which is put into overdrive is highly affected by the swine flu.
7. Those with hypertension, or high blood pressure, are at risk when fever and dehydration is present as a result of a swine flu side effect. This will jeopardize one’s mortality, especially in the elderly suffering from the disease.
8. Children under 5 years of age, the elderly over 65, pregnant women, and others with various health issues are most at risk for suffering from swine flu side effects.
9. Those with asthma conditions, blood or liver disorders, neurological conditions, metabolic issues like diabetes, and neuromuscular disorders should take extra precautions against the threat of contracting the swine flu.
10. Disinfect home and work surroundings when illness seems to be creeping its way through family members or coworkers. Countertops, bathrooms, utensils, toys, remote controls, computer keyboards, and more are perfect surfaces where flu germs will find their next victim.