It isn’t hard to find out about spirulina health benefits nowadays on the internet, but sometimes people can have difficulty separating fact from fiction. Available in powder, capsule, dried and pill form, spirulina powder is every bit as beneficial as it is popular. While every individual person will have his or her own unique experience with spirulina, here are the 10 top improvements you can expect when taking this supplement.
1. Improved immune system – Spirulina algae is chock full of chlorella, which is rich in amino acids and essential vitamins. Because so much ‘goodness’ is packed into a relatively small package, you can get many of the same benefits from the supplement that you would from a multivitamin.
2. Better blood flow – Whether you are taking spirulina weight loss supplements or the seaweed in its raw form, you will definitely feel a difference in your everyday life. Improved blood flow helps to oxygenate the lungs, which leads to better results with every workout.
3. Lowers bad cholesterol – Although spirulina side effects are nothing to laugh about, this particular benefit may give people plagued by high cholesterol newfound hope.
4. Good for diabetes – Unlike some other supplements, manufacturers of this supplement do not say that spirulina health benefits include the ability to cure diabetes. However, studies have shown that some patients with diabetes have been able to better manage their diseases with spirulina.
5. Lessens arthritis pain – It isn’t surprising that many spirulina powder benefits are believed to help alleviate pain. This includes pain originating from arthritis.
6. Helps with weight loss – Just about any health supplement that works to improve blood flow and muscle performance can be said to help with weight loss. Several spirulina health benefits completely revolve around weight loss and better muscle tone.
7. Better protein absorption – If you have kidney disease or nephrotic syndrome, you must be very careful about your protein intake. Chlorella benefits include heightened protein absorption, which helps to put less strain on the kidneys.
8. Alleviates allergies – Allergies to food and the environment can be managed with spirulina. These spirulina health benefits haven’t been proven, but there are many people who swear by spirulina’s effectiveness when it comes to alleviating allergies.
9. Increased energy – When your muscles work in tandem with the circulatory, skeletal and digestive system, the result is more energy. All combined these benefits of spirulina give users a better health profile.
10. Feel happier – People, who no longer feel constant pain, stabilize their ideal body weights, suffer less from allergies and get sick less often end up feeling happier and healthier. Although there is no spirulina benefit that suggests psychological effects, healthier people are always happier.