Top 10 Rosemary Herb Benefits
1. Antiseptic- One of the top rosemary herb benefits is the antiseptic properties that it has. The herb can help disinfect wounds and soothe skin irritations while promoting healing and preventing infection as well.
2. Antifungal- Rosemary tea benefits include the antifungal abilities of this plant. The tea can be ingested or it can be used as a wash or douche to treat yeast infections. If the infection is present in the mouth, the rosemary tea can be used as a mouthwash.
3. Anti-inflammatory- Rosemary can help fight inflammation in the body and this benefit can be helpful for many conditions including arthritis and certain auto immune disorders where excessive inflammation is present.
4. Prevention of Birth Defects- The nutrients in this herb are one of the top rosemary herb benefits and they can help prevent birth defects. Rosemary has high levels of folate, which is essential for developing babies. A deficiency of this nutrient can cause birth defects.
5. Antioxidant Benefits- Rosemary in all forms is very rich in antioxidants, and this is true for rosemary oil extract, too. These chemicals bind to free radicals in the body and prevent cell damage, illness, and disease.
6. Good Source of Fiber- Rosemary is composed of more than one third fiber, so this herb can be beneficial to intestinal health.
7. Cancer Prevention- Some studies show that one of the top rosemary herb benefits is the cancer fighting properties that this herb has.
8. Immune System Boost- One of the most common rosemary uses is to boost the immune system. The regular use of this herb can minimize the colds and other illnesses and may help lessen the severity when they do occur.
9. Rich Source of Iron- An increase in hemoglobin is one of the rosemary herb benefits because this plant is an excellent source of iron. This nutrient is essential for hemoglobin, the substance in the blood that carries oxygen to the cells and tissues in the body.
10. Improved Vision- The health benefits of rosemary include the amount of vitamin A that this herb offers. Good vision requires an adequate amount of this vitamin that rosemary supplies.