Top 10 Rheumatoid Arthritis Herbal Remedies
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition which causes a disabled life for many. Although there is such a condition known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, this condition is most common in women beginning in the mid-forties or so, and is first noticed from continuous morning pain and stiffness as well as swelling in the fingers and other small joints. As time passes, pain will become more prominent in a greater portion of the body and somewhat diminish in the afternoon. Later stages of rheumatoid arthritis will include crippling of joints.
There are various suggested exercises for rheumatoid arthritis. Also, a rheumatoid arthritis diet should include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as a source of omega-3’s. Living with rheumatoid arthritis is a challenge. However, there are various rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies suggested along with a proper diet and exercise agenda for suffers of the condition.
The following are 10 rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies:
1. Alfalfa is an herb used as an arthritis treatment and best in the form of tea.
2. Black Cohosh is known as an anti-inflammatory herb for muscles as it calms the nerves, blood vessels, and muscles.
3. Oregano is a prominent antioxidant which plays a role in relieving rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
4. Celery Seed is another of the rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies used either cooked or raw.
5. Angelica, a western herb, has multiple anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxing, and pain relieving properties for arthritis sufferers.
6. Cayenne Pepper is one of the rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies with aspirin equivalent constituents. It is topically administered or orally ingested for pain relief and better overall circulation.
7. Siberian Ginseng reduces inflammation of arthritis while acting as an analgesic to ease pain.
8. Hops in the form of tea is popularly used for rheumatism with anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Rosemary herb is commonly used rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions. This is one of the rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies which can be infused in an oil to be topically rubbed to affected areas.
10. Stinging Nettle has been used for thousands of years as an anti-inflammatory for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.