Top 10 Restless Leg Syndrome Home Remedies
Most restless leg syndrome home remedies may not seem like they would provide you with adequate relief, but you won’t know until you give them all a try. There are lots of theories on what causes restless leg syndrome, but even knowing the cause won’t help you to treat this disorder. If you do not want to or are not able to take prescription drugs to help manage your disorder, here are the best 10 restless leg syndrome home remedies that you can test out for yourself.
1. Heat and ice – Whether you take a hot bath, then a cold shower, or want to rely on heating pads and ice packs, drastic changes in temperature will help to prevent your legs from aimlessly moving.
2. Regular exercise – Going to the gym, taking a walk and participating in sports will help to provide you with restless leg syndrome relief. You will need to exercise regularly if you want to see a real difference.
3. Avoid physical stress – If your job requires you to walk or run for extended periods of time, this might be a major contributor to your RLS. Try to take it easy and ask your employer to give you longer breaks.
4. Stretch your muscles – At the beginning of the day and before you go to bed, stretch your muscles. Make sure that you pay special attention to your legs. This is one of the best restless leg syndrome natural remedies available.
5. Sleep at different times – If you are prone to suffering from RLS during certain time period, try to sleep so that you avoid them. This may mean that you need to take naps throughout the day or even change your work schedule.
6. Over the counter muscle creams – Muscle creams are usually used to alleviate pain, but some simple restless leg syndrome home remedies also include items such as Tiger Balm and Bengay.
7. Don’t drink coffee – If you want to utilize one of the most basic restless leg syndrome home remedies around, simply avoid all stimulants. Don’t smoke cigarettes and give coffee a rest in order to sleep better every night.
8. Don’t sit in cramped quarters – Shift the seat of your car so that your legs can stretch out and avoid sitting in chairs that are too short for your height.
9. Get romantic – Patients that have intimate relations on a regular basis are less likely to suffer from RLS symptoms. What a great restless leg syndrome natural treatment that is!
10. Don’t take cold medicines – It might be difficult to deal with the flu without Tylenol or Advil, but these drugs might be causing your RLS to become worse.