Top 10 Reasons To Add Diuretic Foods in Your Diet
Diuretics are various substances in the form of synthetic drugs, medicinal herbs or foods that boost the excretion of liquids through the body. Natural diuretics have undoubted benefits compared to water pills or other medications because they do not cause significant loss of important minerals and, on the contrary, supply our body with additional minerals to compensate for the potential loss.
One should use extreme caution and not abuse the use of even natural diuretics as it can lead to dangerous electrolyte imbalance in the body and dehydration.
Let’s try to figure out why one should use diuretic foods and what benefits could be gained from them:
1. Diuretic foods will naturally help your body treat symptoms of water retention, help you lose some of the water weight, bloating and overall sense of discomfort.
2. Diuretic foods could be just as effective to treat high blood pressure condition, swelling, kidney stones and indigestion without the side effects of dangerous medications.
3. Once you start incorporating more diuretic foods, you naturally tend to consume less of the high-sodium and high-sugar processed foods, because high fiber foods from the diuretic foods list provide bulk in your stomach helping control unhealthy cravings.
4. Herbal diuretic, parsley, is nature’s best natural diuretic that we tend to not fully appreciate. Parsley is a mild diuretic with multi-purpose benefits to our health, not only it will help body shed some water, it will supply us with a myriad of essential vitamins and minerals. Can a water pill do that?
5. Electrolytic balance is essential for the well-being of a person, and synthetic diuretics can severely deplete our bodies of essential elements like potassium and sodium. Diuretic foods will actually provide our bodies with the elements that are vital for the health of our heart, kidneys and liver.
6. Diuretic foods are simply a great tasting way to control water retention. Artichokes, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, watermelon, carrots, asparagus and green tea should be on everyone’s diuretic foods list.
7. Natural diuretic foods additionally help regulate digestion due to the high fiber and enzyme content.
8. Increased metabolism could be a great benefit from trying out some diuretic foods and can additionally help you shed unwanted pounds as well.
9. Diuretic foods can additionally rid body of toxins and free radicals like apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is another nature’s best natural diuretic. It’s obtained by the fermentation process of crushed apples and stimulates digestion and kidney function.
10. Diuretic foods are much more cost-effective in comparison to pricey diuretic medications with their unpleasant side effects.