Top 10 Peanut Allergy Foods To Avoid List
Knowing which peanut allergy foods to avoid can prevent you or a loved one from having a major health scare. Naturally, people who are allergic to peanuts should refrain from eating the raw or cooked variety of this nut at all costs. However, there are also other products that can contain it. Here are the 10 foods that all people with peanut allergies should keep away from.
1. Frozen pizza – If you have tree nuts allergies, think twice before you grab a gourmet pizza out of the freezer section. They can contain trace amounts of nuts, which is more than enough to cause a flare up.
2. Chinese mixed vegetables – Even if you have not showed any peanut allergy symptoms after eating Chinese vegetables in the past, you may have already been exposed.
3. Meat marinades – All those delicious meat marinades available at the grocery store might actually be one of the biggest sources of histamine foods there is. Remember that manufacturers routinely use ingredients like peanuts in order to save money.
4. Candy – Peanut allergy foods to avoid include candy of all varieties, particularly those made with chocolate. Ground peanuts mix very well with chocolate, and they are nearly impossible to see with the naked eye.
5. Soy-based meat alternatives – If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, you probably have many food limitations. However, people with an allergy to nuts also need to be wary of soy meat substitutes.
6. Potato pancakes – Believe it or not, but this is one of the top peanut allergy foods to avoid probably because they are cooked in peanut oil.
7. Ice cream – Although ice cream companies usually list all of the ingredients clearly on the packaging, nuts might be included in the most unlikely varieties. Ice cream parlors are one of the other places that you should discontinue visiting if you want to know which peanut allergy foods to avoid.
8. Trail mix – Mixed fruit and nuts almost always contains peanuts. Even if you pick the peanuts out, you can have a very strong reaction.
9. Hot chocolate – This is another food product that might contain nuts. Most natural allergy remedies will not help after you begin to have an allergic episode.
10. Salad dressing – From Ranch to Caesar salad dressing, nuts are commonly found in these types of food products.