This article will highlight the best natural ways to treat itchy dry skin and figure out dry skin rash causes. Surprisingly, the more you try to use conventional creams and lotions, the more itchy skin all over you might have. Natural ingredients will bring relief to your skin without the dangerous side effects of the chemical ingredients.
1. Maintaining a proper 1:1 balance of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids ratio can help with itchy dry skin. Consuming too much of vegetable oils like canola, sunflower, soybean and others rich in Omega-6 and not enough Omega-3 rich sources like walnuts, flaxseeds and wild caught fish or fish oil supplements can deprive your body of essential fatty acids to nurture your skin.
2. Checking your thyroid function will help you eliminate dry skin rash conditions sometimes caused by underactive thyroid symptoms.
3. Organic virgin coconut oil is the best way to relieve dry itchy skin all over and can be used instead of any body lotions that can contain dangerous chemicals and preservatives. Coconut oil will also protect your skin from developing age spots and keep its radiant and youthful appearance. It will remove red itchy bumps on skin and provide extra moisture to deep layers of skin. Organic virgin coconut oil can also be applied to hair for extra shiny and silky results.
4. Glycerin is another wonderful inexpensive product to help your itchy dry skin with its hydroscopic or water attracting properties. If applied to skin first, it will actually help draw moisture out of your favorite cream or lotion.
5. Staying away from harsh soaps, detergents and perfumes will help your body heal its itchy dry skin.
6. Careful doctor examination is necessary if you experience itchy skin no rash condition which could be caused by a myriad of things like allergic reactions to medications, infectious diseases and many more.
7. Aloe Vera plant is an excellent natural relief for itchy dry skin, it’s best used directly squeezed from the leaves of the plant. It supplies the skin with skin soothing emollients and many essential vitamins.
8. Calendula buds and essential oil have been used for generations to relieve dry skin, diaper rash and other skin conditions.
9. Chamomile flowers and oil are naturally antibacterial and help eliminate itchy dry skin.
10. Witch hazel helps such conditions as eczema, acne and additionally soothes red itchy bumps on skin.