Top 10 Natural Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that is caused by a person’s immune system cells wrongfully attacking his own joint tissues leading to their considerable destruction over time. Joint stiffness, loss of flexibility, joint deformity and high levels of pain are just a few of the symptoms of this disease.
Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis differs from a rheumatoid arthritis condition only by a negative test result of antibodies being present in blood. Patients with a negative antibody blood test still experience considerable joint pain and swelling, however the levels of joint dysfunction is slightly less compared to rheumatoid arthritis patients.
There are currently no known causes or cures for rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment that is usually prescribed targets only the symptoms of the disease.
Some natural health practitioners believe that a rheumatoid arthritis diet consisting of wholesome and natural ingredients is the key to reducing inflammation in the achy joint tissues.
Listed below you will find top 10 natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that some patients find helpful in managing this condition:
1. Anti inflammation diet will include only natural and preferably raw ingredients without excessive processing and cooking methods that might rid it of vital minerals and vitamins. Anti inflammation diet eliminates sugar, alcohol, dairy, wheat and soy, any heavily processed convenience foods that are believed to lead to increased levels of inflammation.
2. Fish and krill oils are considered one of the best rheumatoid arthritis supplements that should be included in any treatment program for arthritis patients. These oils supply body with essential Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce swelling and inflammation in the body.
3. Flax seed oil is a great plant based source for Omega 3 fatty acids that can also be added into your rheumatoid arthritis diet.
4. Evening primrose oil is a rich source of another essential acid called gamma-linolenic acid that apart from its great anti-inflammatory properties possesses a wide range of benefits to manage PMS symptoms in women.
5. Boswella is among other natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that is shown to block chemical reactions leading to inflammation
6. Devi’s claw is an herb popular in Africa for its pain-managing abilities and was proven to manage pain better than Vioxx with its multiple side-effects during a series of medical studies.
7. Ginger is a multi-potent herb used to treat various health conditions and maladies including rheumatoid arthritis. Ginger works by reducing the levels of hormones leading to inflammation and pain.
8. Turmeric can be used to spice up dishes and also in form of capsules to naturally reduce pain and swelling in the joints.
9. Apitherapy is a way of healing using bee stings and honey products that are considered one of the most effective natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis.
10. Acupuncture needles used successfully in Chinese medicine are great natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that promote a similar pain-relieving effect as prescription medications but without harsh side effects.