Top 10 Most Dangerous Sleep Apnea Side Effects
1. Elevated blood pressure is one of the most serious and alarming of all sleep apnea side effects putting a person for chronic risk for developing a heart attack or stroke.
2. Another serious factor among sleep apnea side effects is weight gain that could be attributed to increasing levels of blood sugar due to hormonal imbalance as a result of inability to get proper rest at night and being too tired to exercise.
3. Side effects of sleep deprivation as a result of sleep apnea should not be taken lightly. A sleep deprived driver is more likely to fall asleep at the wheel or not have enough of agility or focus to foresee and avoid a dangerous situation on the road.
4. Majority of people with sleep apnea side effects report depression, overall unhappy thoughts, feeling down and lack of energy resulting from inability to get proper rest at night.
5. Some of the other sleep apnea side effects include memory loss, difficulties of learning and inability to work productively and even accomplish simple daily tasks.
6. Mental illnesses and disorders could be triggered or worsened by chronic sleep deprivation and lack of oxygen supply to the brain cells.
7. Sleep apnea causes blood oxygen deprivation in major organs and systems of our bodies unfortunately affecting the sexual function of both males and females. Sleep apnea affected males report problems establishing and maintaining erection and simply not being in the intimate mood.
8. Impaired immune system is a direct result of sleep apnea side effects making patients more prone to catching anything from a simple cold or flu and to developing a chronic medical condition later in life.
9. Migraine is another of unfortunate sleep apnea side effects caused by chronic sleep and wake episodes at night and not getting enough of oxygen at night and constriction of small brain blood vessels.
10. Irritability and short-temperedness of a person suffering from sleep apnea could be so severe that it can dramatically affect his life both at work and at home resulting in serious conflicts and misunderstandings.
If you or anyone in your family suffers from sleep apnea, it’s essential to find a sleep apnea cure for the type of sleeping problem you have. You doctor will guide you through a variety of treatments available today like sleep apnea dental appliance or multiple natural sleep remedies to help you achieve much needed rest.