Top 10 Metabolism Boosting Foods
Dieting can be frustrating, and some people feel that no matter how few calories they consume or how much they exercise they are simply not sliding the scale to the numbers they want to. Perhaps you may want to consider incorporating some metabolism boosting foods into your grocery list. Our top 10 list contains a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, meats and more that will kick your body’s fat burners into overdrive while providing essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals that make these metabolism boosters for women and men ideal additions to any solid weight loss program. So skip the hokey and expensive metabolism booster supplements that waste your money and can cause side effects and opt instead for some of the picks for the top 10 metabolism boosting foods that you may be missing out on!
1. Turkey: Wait, doesn’t turkey make you sleepy? Nah, the tryptophan you get from this holiday meat is hardly enough to slow down your body’s internal processes. In fact, incorporating turkey into your high protein low carb diet will help you trim down in a tasty way!
2. Blueberries: Full of antioxidants and nutrients galore, these indigo jewels are also known as being foods that speed up your metabolism. Tart and tangy, yet sweet and delicious, choosing blueberries over sweet snacks is a smart way to calm your cravings while boosting your metabolism.
3. Oatmeal: Battle cholesterol while feasting on this filling fuel food! You may not think of oatmeal as a potential entry on the list of metabolism boosting foods because of its ability to fill you up fast, but it’s full of stuff that your body uses as fuel and starting your day with oatmeal can give your body a boost!
4. Peppers and Spices: Anything containing capsaicin can help you shed pounds and not by sending you racing to the kitchen for a tall glass of water! By interacting with your nerves they can produce a fat burning reaction that makes them some of the best metabolism boosting foods! Try peppers of all shapes, sizes and intensities and if you’re not much of a pepper person, opt for garlic and cinnamon which have similar effects!
5. Dark Chocolate: Interestingly enough, that which you tend to avoid when dieting (sweets and candy) can actually help you along just a little bit! Indulging in a bit of dark chocolate can not only help calm your nerves by providing you with a sweet treat of satisfaction, it also contains powerful components that can kick your metabolism into overdrive!
6. Green Tea: Before you go replacing your H2O with green tea, remember that it is a powerhouse amongst metabolism boosting foods for a reason – it’s packed with nutrients AND caffeine. While it won’t disappoint when it comes to revving up your metabolism, it may cause the jitters and unwanted housecleaning.
7. Salmon: A true dieter’s delight, salmon provides omegas that are hard to come by along with a plethora of other vital nutrients, add in its ability to pump up the potential of your innards and you have yourself an ideal main course!
8. Water: Don’t contest water’s place amongst metabolism boosting foods. Your body simply has to have the liquid stuff in order to function properly, and a dehydrated body won’t have much boost at all. Stay well hydrated to ensure proper metabolic function.
9. Almonds: BUT THEY HAVE FAT! Alright, nuts are fatty, but they are frequently praised by dieters, bodybuilders and simply people who like tasty treats because they provide an immense amount of nutrition in a tiny package which minimizes calories and maximizes metabolic potential.
10. Spinach: Do you think Popeye ate it because he disliked hamburgers? He ate it because it’s so full of the stuff his shortened and oddly shaped body needed to defeat Brutus that he scarfed it down by the canful. And why? Because it gave him the energy he needed time and time again to rescue the most un-curvaceous woman ever doodled – Olive Oyl.