Top 10 Lower Back Pain Remedies
If you are experiencing lower back pain, then you want some fast and easy lower back pain remedies. Most back pain will get better on its own. If these lower back pain remedies do not help, then you should call your doctor to find out if there is a more serious underlying problem.
1. Find a comfortable position in which to rest. Try putting a pillow between your knees while lying on your side. You may also find relief lying on your back with a pillow underneath your knees.
2. After 2 to 3 hours, get up and walk for 10 to 20 minutes. Rest again.
3. Take over the counter pain medications like aspirin, Tylenol, or ibuprofen. Take them as often as directed on a regular schedule. They work better if you don’t want for the pain to become bad before taking another dose.
4. Every few hours, use a heating pad set to a low or medium heat level.
5. Warm showers are also very helpful among the options of lower back pain home remedies.
6. Some people find that ice packs provide relief. You should try various remedies to see what works best for you.
7. Back exercises for lower back pain strengthen the muscles that support the spine and keep the discs in place. Walking, whether in water or on land, is a very effective choice of exercise for the back.
8. Stretches for lower back pain are also among the proven lower back pain home remedies. Physical therapists and yoga instructors can help you find the right stretches for you.
9. Back pain massage is another useful strategy to relieve some back pain.
10. Although it is not exactly a home remedy, osteopathic manipulation is a non-invasive treatment that can realign your spine and release tense muscles, thereby relieving your lower back pain.