Top 10 Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infections
Home remedies for vaginal yeast infections will utilize natural and inexpensive ingredients to provide relief for many unpleasant symptoms like itchiness, burning, unpleasant sensations associated with this condition.
Here we gathered top 10 most effective natural cures for yeast infection that will help you take charge of your health:
1. Probiotic supplements top the list of home remedies for vaginal yeast infections for many reasons: they help address the underlying cause of yeast infection, significantly reduce the cottage cheese discharge and normalize ph balance inside the vagina. Take probiotic supplements orally and apply locally by emptying the contents of a probiotic capsule in a bowl, adding just enough water to make a thick solution, dipping a cotton tampon in this mixture and inserting it inside the vagina for an hour. Do this daily to see a significant relief in yeast infection itching.
2. Soak a cotton tampon in some cooled boiled water with a few drops of tea tree oil added in it, insert inside your vagina to keep overnight. Tea tree oil is widely known for its antifungal and anti-parasitic properties.
3. Boric acid suppositories can be also applied vaginally along with other home remedies for vaginal yeast infections. Multiple yeast infection studies proved that this treatment was 98% successful as a cure for thrush.
4. Natural yogurt is good for you if eaten but it can even be better if applied internally as a cure for vaginal yeast infection. Go for an all natural organic yogurt without any sugars or flavors added, warm to room temperature, dip a cotton tampon in it and place inside your vagina for a couple hours.
5. Garlic possesses some strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and is considered one of the most effective home remedies for vaginal yeast infections. Peel one garlic clove and wrap it in a piece of sterile bandage (could be found at your local pharmacy). You will also need a piece of thread to tie around the garlic tampon that must be sanitized in some boiling water. Tie thread over the tampon and leave a long strand hanging loose so you are able to pull it out later, insert inside your vagina overnight.
6. Natural apple cider vinegar could be added in your bath water to soothe your genitalia and provide redness and itching relief.
7. Ridding your diet of sugars and simple starches will cut off nutritional cycle of any yeast organisms automatically relieving your worst vaginal infection symptoms.
8. Make sure you are not using any soaps or gels on your delicate genitalia skin that might trigger an outbreak of a vaginal yeast infection. The artificial perfumes and substances might upset the normal micro flora leading to thrush. Clean water is all that is needed for your personal hygiene care.
9. Avoid wearing thongs of underwear made from synthetic fibers since they lead to moisture accumulation and vaginal yeast overgrowth. Opt for a comfortable pair of cotton underwear that will allow your skin to breathe.
10.Use condoms for protection during your yeast infection outbreak to avoid infecting your partner.
Home remedies for vaginal yeast infections are great ways to naturally provide relief to those annoying and sometimes agonizing symptoms of vaginal yeast overgrowth, however they can not entirely cure your condition without making dietary and lifestyle changes.