Top 10 Home Remedies for Ear Infections
1. If you are a nursing mother, one of the most ancient and effective home remedies for ear infections is to dispense a couple of drops of expressed breast milk into the affected ear canal 4-5 times per day due to breast milk having extremely potent antibacterial properties.
2. Heat a cup of kosher salt or rice in a pan and place it in a sock or a cotton sack, apply to the affected ear a couple of times daily as a great inexpensive earache relief.
3. Soak a washcloth in a solution of half vodka and half water, wring well and apply to your ear, you can wear a knit hat overnight or for a couple of hours; it will provide a very gentle heat and relieve your symptoms.
4. If you developed an earache due to a clogged ear, there’s an excellent and safe ear wax removal home remedy – pouring a few drops of lukewarm mineral water or hydrogen peroxide into the affected ear canal will help break up the ear wax, repeat this procedure for a couple of days following by squirting some cooled boiled water with a bulb syringe inside the ear and then turning your head sideways to shake out excess liquid.
5. Sometimes airplane rides can give you ear congestion, so during takeoffs and landings make sure to be drinking from a straw, yawning, sucking on a piece of hard candy or popsicle to relieve these unpleasant symptoms.
6. A couple of drops of freshly extracted and then warmed juice from a ginger root is believed to bring earache relief.
7. Organic garlic oil has antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal properties and could be diluted in half with olive oil and instilled into the ear and become one of the best home remedies for ear infections.
8. If you suffer from persistent ear infections, it’s important to know that limiting dairy products in the acute stage of your infection is extremely beneficial to cut down on mucus production and eventually help you heal faster.
9. Chiropractic adjustments could be helpful in draining extra liquid from the Eustachian tubes giving you a fast earache relief.
10. Acupressure and acupuncture could all be great home remedies for ear infections bringing you relief without the side effects of antibiotics.
Recurring ear infections could be a sign of a more serious underlying medical condition, so talking to a doctor will help rule it out.