Top 10 Home Acne Treatment Options: Devices, Creams and Toothpaste
For people suffering from acne, treating it can be frustrating and aggravating. Not all products work for everyone and some find that a combination of methods including washes, creams and even light therapy are the best way to manage their symptoms. There is almost an endless array of products designed
to tackle troublesome acne, and we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 for you to consider. Our list includes everything from home remedies to alternative options, devices, creams and cleansers so that no matter what you are looking for, you are sure to find something on our top 10 list!
1. Tea Tree Oil: Many acne products contain benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil has been shown to be just as much of an effective acne treatment as products containing it. Use a small amount on pimples and blemishes for fast clearing without the irritation that can come from some over the counter acne treatments.
2. Toothpaste: If you look at the ingredients label on your toothpaste, you’ll likely find many of the same ingredients that are common in many types of drug store remedies. Toothpaste is not a miracle home acne treatment, however it contains alcohol, baking soda and triclosan which are all likely responsible for its ability to zap pimples and dry them out quickly. For people who dislike the skin side effects of medicinal products, or those looking for a good pregnancy acne treatment, toothpaste might be a great option and it’s already something you are likely to have on hand!
3. Zinc: Zinc is responsible for expediting the healing of wounds as well as reducing inflammation and is very useful in reducing the amount of time that acne hangs around. Consider taking a zinc supplement or changing your diet to include more foods that are rich in zinc in order to make other home acne treatment options more effective, or simply aid as a preventative measure against further break outs.
4. Clearasil Vanishing Cream: This 24 hour cream is very useful in taking care of pimples in a hurry and is easy to find at the drug store or pharmacy. Not only does it suck all of the life giving moisture out of the skin marring marks but it also helps the dried up pimples heal faster.
5. Augustus Bio Med All In One Acne Cream: Niacinamide and benzyl peroxide are the active ingredients in this more expensive cream home acne treatment. Priced at around forty dollars, it’s not a discount product by any means, however its added benefits such as healing sun damaged skin as well as providing vitamin E and other skin friendly nutrients make it an all around great product that is worth the money.
6. Tanda Zap Acne Spot Clearing Device: Using light therapy that is clinically proven to heal acne blemishes quickly, this tiny device combines powerful blue light with heat and vibration for a multifaceted approach to home acne treatment.
7. Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser: At just over forty dollars, this kaolin based cleanser is a higher end product. However, its ability to clear pores and reduce acne as well as moisturize and soften the skin makes it an ideal acne home treatment product for everyday use for healthy and radiant skin.
8. Zeno Acne Clearing Device: An Allure Best of Beauty winning product, this tiny acne device purportedly can remove skin blemishes within 24 hours and can be considered a quick fix for pimple plagued people. At $250, it’s a large investment to make, but for many, clearer skin in a jiffy is well worth it.
9. De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment Cream: This sulfur acne treatment dries pimples up and clears them away fast and also can help reduce the grease slick plaguing people with oily skin. Purportedly also effective for head lice and scabies, this product packs a lot of power for under ten dollars.
10. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solution: If you are looking for a natural option for home acne treatment, consider this offering from Burt’s Bees. This non-irritating cream not only reduces acne but also improves the condition of the skin.