Top 10 High Protein Snacks
Protein is a thermogenic food (increases body‘s metabolism) that aids in weight loss. It also has a low insulin response in the body. This means that high protein snacks can keep you full for longer. Though protein is very important in weight loss, all protein diet can do harm to the body since it puts too much stress on digestive tract and kidneys. Therefore, aim for health balanced diet.
Here are top 10 snacks that are high in protein:
1. Whole eggs – People are afraid of the yolk due to its high levels of saturated fats but it also contains a plethora of antioxidants, B-vitamins and healthy fats that are very essential for the body. Whole eggs are often a part of bodybuilding diet as they also supply high quality complete protein.
2. Cottage cheese – A cup of cottage cheese packs almost 15 grams of complete protein. It is also low in calories and carbs. Have it with an apple to make it a high protein snack.
3. Nuts – A handful of nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds) is a great snack to have. High in healthy fats and protein, nuts can keep your hunger at bay.
4. Quinoa – This gluten free grain contains protein and healthy fiber than will aid in your weight loss goals. Add chopped nuts for seasoning in a cup of quinoa.
5. Tuna – Seafood is an excellent source of complete protein. Add tuna to a whole gain toast for healthy as high protein snacks.
6. Turkey – Lean meats are high protein low carb foods and are great to have as snacks as they pack good amount of protein. Add some vegetables to make it a small midday meal.
7. Dried fruit/ nuts – The combo will provide you protein, healthy fiber and natural carbs.
8. Protein shakes – There are organic protein powders available on the market. Add them to your fruit smoothie for healthy high protein snacks.
9. Chicken breast – High protein recipes like lean meats with vegetables are great protein snacks that aid in weight loss.
10. Yogurt – Add some berries to sweeten your organic plain yogurt which can supply complete protein, healthy bacteria for good digestion and antioxidants for optimal health.