Top 10 Health Benefits of Celery
1. Antibacterial Properties – One of the top health benefits of celery is that this vegetable can help fight off all types of infection. This includes infections caused by bacteria, viruses, and even fungi.
2. Reduced Inflammation – One of the celery juice benefits is the high vitamin C content. Vitamin C is an antioxidant which can lessen inflammation in the tissues and minimize pain and discomfort associated with this condition.
3. Prevention of Free Radical Damage in the Body- Celery has many nutrients and antioxidants, and these can prevent damage caused by free radicals in the body. Free radicals are a frequent cause of disease and illness.
4. Improved Cardiovascular Health- The numerous health benefits of celery include better cardiovascular health. This vegetable helps prevent plaque from forming in the veins and arteries, and this can lower the risk of stroke and heart attack.
5. Reduced High Blood Pressure- Celery, and components like celery seed oil, have been shown to lower blood pressure in many people. High blood pressure is often called the silent killer because it is undetected, and a diet rich in celery can prevent this condition.
6. Minimized Gout Symptoms- A celery seed gout remedy can have a beneficial effect on the severity and number of outbreaks of gout suffered.
7. Lowered Cholesterol- Lower plasma cholesterol levels are another of the health benefits of celery. This vegetable has shown surprising results in studies concerning the ability to lower the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
8. Diuretic Properties – One benefit and use of this vegetable is a celery seed diuretic, which will remove excess fluid that accumulates in the body and prevent any bloating.
9. Bad Breath Treatment- The health benefits of celery include the fact that this food works naturally to eliminate bad breath.
10. Proper Nutrition- The celery nutrition facts point out that this food is very dense in nutrients, so that a proper diet is consumed and there are no nutrient deficiencies.