Top 10 Ginkgo Biloba Benefits
Ginkgo Biloba uses could be traced back to millions of years ago in Chinese medicine history.
Modern day research on Ginkgo Biloba extract was carried out by German scientists proving to the world how beneficial ginkgo Biloba uses are. In Germany, Ginkgo Biloba tea along with other products is routinely prescribed in main stream medicine.
Let’s take a look at what specific health conditions Ginkgo Biloba benefits.
1. Depression and Mood Swings. Patients diagnosed with mild stages of depression can draw great benefits from Ginkgo Biloba tea and extract. Elderly patients showed great improvement solely while being on Ginkgo Biloba extract and foregoing antidepressant medications.
2. Male Impotency could be greatly relieved by regular Gingko Biloba extract therapy that works by increasing blood flow to male genital organs and enhancing erections.
3. Tinnitus or ringing in ears condition was proven to show improvement after Gingko Biloba treatment. It’s still unclear to scientists how exactly Ginkgo Biloba benefits tinnitus but it’s believed to improve oxygen rich blood flow to the ears.
4. Gingko Biloba benefits by providing body with potent antioxidant properties necessary to rid cells from free radicals’ damaging effects and help repair cells. This is important in prevention of heart disease, stroke, cancer and many other serious conditions.
5. Reynaud’s disease associated with decreased blood flow to extremities. Ginkgo Biloba compounds work by enhancing blood flow to hands and feet and relieving blood vessel spasms.
6. There’s currently no cure for Alzheimer’s disease and doctors are not sure what might be causing it. Many doctors, however, strongly believe that Ginkgo Biloba benefits increased blood flow to the brain, enhances neural transmitters and delays brain cell degeneration.
7. Parkinson’s disease is associated with uncontrollable shaking, loss of coordination and balance and is believed to be benefited by regular Ginkgo Biloba extract intake. It helps increase brain blood flow and provides higher concentration of neurotransmitters to be present in brain at any time.
8. Prevents and treats stroke conditions. Ginkgo Biloba benefits stroke prevention by minimizing blood clots in the arteries and improving blood flow to major organs including brain. In post stroke patients, Ginkgo Biloba patch and other products can help restore damaged brain cells.
9. Multiple Sclerosis. More research is still needed but scientists suspect that Ginkgo Biloba benefits could be useful to treat Multiple Sclerosis damaging effects in the future.
10. Neuropathy (nerve damage) associated with diabetes could be greatly improved and sometimes reversed by regular Gingko Biloba extract supplementation. Potent antioxidants and other compounds have tremendous ability to improve blood flow and repair damaged nerve tissues.
To learn about Ginkgo Biloba side effects, please refer to our article that talks about complications one might experience while taking this herbal supplement without prior consultation with a doctor.