There are many ways to increase blood circulation like taking a brisk walk, getting a massage or else, but nothing improves your poor blood circulation better like having a diet rich in nutrient-dense foods bursting with flavor of well-being.
Let’s review top 10 foods that increase blood circulation:
1. Dark chocolate, natural cocoa contains important elements flavonols that improve blood circulation and wards off blood clots associated with stroke and heart attack. Be warned to consume only dark chocolate, preferably organic and with low amounts of sugar to get the maximum number of benefits without the side effects.
2. Blueberries and grapes contain heart-healthy flavonoids that protect us from free-radicals that damage and attack healthy cells, they also improve body’s metabolism.
3. Oranges are extremely high in vitamin C with its artery strengthening properties and also prevent plaque build up.
4. Avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats and support cardiovascular system.
5. Salmon and other oily types of fish are very high in omega-3 fatty acids necessary to increase blood circulation. Make sure to buy only wild caught and not farmed varieties as the later could be highly contaminated with mercury.
6. Cayenne pepper is a great way to increase blood circulation, metabolic rate and it will also help strengthen arteries and blood vessels, prevent poor circulation in feet and toe numbness. Cayenne pepper is the most effective taken raw in salads or juiced; adjust the heat level according to your preference.
7. Ginger simulates the blood flow to all organs; it also boosts sluggish immune system and clears congestion.
8. Garlic is fantastic for increasing blood circulation in feet, hands, and will also clear up clogged arteries if eaten raw daily in moderation.
9. Gingko Biloba herb is believed to be used to increase blood circulation by Chinese doctors. It improves poor circulation in hands and feet, used to treat varicose veins and increases blood flow to the brain.
10. Pumpkin seeds contain high levels of vitamin E, which is proven to keep blood flowing freely and preventing blood clots.
In addition, if you experience poor circulation in feet, feet numbness a great solution can be contrast showers when you switch water temperatures from warm to cold and vice versa. On the other hand, caffeine, alcohol and smoking can actually constrict the blood flow to the heart and organs and should be avoided if you experience any symptoms of poor blood circulation.