Top 10 Foods that Increase Blood Circulation
Sluggish blood circulation is caused by a variety of things ranging from lifestyle, nutrition and even genetics according to Live Strong.com. http://www.livestrong.com/article/76214-foods-improve-blood-circulation/ There are many ways to increase blood circulation such taking a brisk walk, getting a massage or else, but nothing improves your poor blood circulation better than having a diet rich in nutrient-dense foods bursting with flavor of well-being.
Listed below foods help maintain superior health and longer live span by providing essential nutrients, lowering bad cholesterol and maintaining blood vessels in great shape.
Let’s review top 10 foods that increase blood circulation:
1. Dark chocolate, natural cocoa contains important elements flavonols that improve blood circulation and wards off blood clots associated with stroke and heart attack. Be warned to consume only dark chocolate, preferably organic and with low amounts of sugar to get the maximum number of benefits without the side effects. If you are prone to being overweight, have diabetes or other chronic health conditions, avoid chocolate despite it being among foods to increase blood circulation. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2006/08/19/chocolate-improves-baby-boomer-blood-flow.aspx
2. Blueberries and grapes contain heart-healthy flavonoids that protect us from free-radicals that damage and attack healthy cells, they also improve body’s metabolism. Additionally other berries including strawberries and sweet cherries lower bad cholesterol thus fighting plaque settling on blood vessels and improve blood flow all over the body.http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/berries.aspx
3. Oranges are extremely high in vitamin C with its artery strengthening properties and also prevent plaque build up. Other citrus fruits including lemons, limes, grapefruit and tangerines are also excellent blood thinners and may improve your coronary health if consumed regularly.
4. Avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats and support cardiovascular system. They also contain fiber, B-vitamins and folic acid contributing to enhanced blood flow.
5. Salmon and other oily types of fish are very high in omega-3 fatty acids necessary to increase blood circulation. Make sure to buy only wild caught and not farmed varieties as the later could be highly contaminated with mercury.http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/04/15/wild-alaskan-salmon.aspx
6. Cayenne pepper is a great way to increase blood circulation, metabolic rate and it will also help strengthen arteries and blood vessels, prevent poor circulation in feet and toe numbness. Cayenne pepper is the most effective taken raw in salads or juiced; adjust the heat level according to your preference.
7. Ginger simulates the blood flow to all organs; it also boosts sluggish immune system and clears congestion.
8. Garlic is fantastic for increasing blood circulation in feet, hands, and will also clear up clogged arteries if eaten raw daily in moderation.
9. Gingko Biloba herb is believed to be used to increase blood circulation by Chinese doctors. It improves poor circulation in hands and feet, used to treat varicose veins and increases blood flow to the brain.
10. Pumpkin seeds contain high levels of vitamin E, which is proven to keep blood flowing freely and preventing blood clots.
In addition, if you experience poor circulation in feet, feet numbness a great solution can be contrast showers when you switch water temperatures from warm to cold and vice versa. On the other hand, caffeine, alcohol and smoking can actually constrict the blood flow to the heart and organs and should be avoided if you experience any symptoms of poor blood circulation.