Top 10 Foods In Low Sugar Low Carb Diet Plan
Many low sugar low carb diet plans emerged in the recent years. Atkins diet is a popular fad diet that severely restricts the consumption of carbohydrates. While this high protein low carb high fat diet can help you shed off the pounds, experts caution against severe carbs restriction.
Atkins diet meal plan shuns all refined sugars and flours, processed/ junk food and milk. There are several phases in this diet. The first phase is called the induction phase which requires you to restrict even fruits and most vegetables with the exception of some green leafy veggies. Foods included in Atkins diet induction food list consists of lean meats, seafood, different types of cheeses, butter and oils (appropriate serving size), specified low calorie vegetables (taking care the net carbs intake doesn’t go beyond 15 grams/day from the vegetables).
Experts criticize this fad low sugar low carb diet saying that body can not function properly on such a low intake of carbs. However, many do report success with the diet.
Here are the top 10 foods to be included in low sugar low carb diet:
1. Eggs – Should be a part of an ideal protein diet. Contain complete protein and healthy fats.
2. Avocados – Rich in antioxidants and heart healthy fats.
3. Grass fed beef – Contains CLA that can promote weight loss.
4. Nuts – High in protein content and fat content. These are great as snacks that can keep hunger at bay.
5. Fatty fish – Fish like Salmon contain omega-3 fats that promote weight loss.
6. Chicken/ turkey – Lean meats are great foods to be included in a low sugar low carb diet.
7. Organic butter – A great source of healthy saturated fats that can reduce cholesterol.
8. Coconut oil – Medium chain fatty acids are great for reducing bad cholesterol in the body. This is a beauty of coconut oil and should be a part of a healthy diet.
9. Berries – Low in calories and pack cancer fighting antioxidants and good fiber.
10. Spinach – Good source of fiber, weight loss promoting nitrates, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.