Top 10 Foods in Liver Cleansing Diet Plan
The liver is a busy organ. Responsible for filtering blood, producing proteins and bile and metabolizing drugs and detoxifying chemicals, it has a lot of things to do; and, modern society throws it anther monkey wrench by adding additional chores due to diets that consist over processed
and over refined foods which can make more work for the liver. But, you don’t have to resort to a milk thistle liver detox plan to give this abundantly important organ some love! There are all sorts of foods that can be incorporated into a liver cleansing diet to not only potentially increase function, but also give it a break from breaking down components in fried, fatty, greasy, refined and processed foods. Check out these top ten edible options to help provide a boost to your natural liver cleanse to see how you can incorporate them into your daily dining!
1. Grapefruit: A staple of many basic diet plans, grapefruit can provide additional benefit to the liver because of its abundance of antioxidants. It also can help increase the enzymes the liver needs to function properly. Consider adding this powerhouse amongst liver cleansing foods to your breakfast (you ARE eating breakfast right?) or, opt for the juice form instead for a boost anytime of the day.
2. Turmeric: A celebrated spice amongst the natural healing community, turmeric is most known for its anti inflammatory properties. However, this Middle Eastern staple is also noted in proponents of the liver cancer diet for its purported ability to boost liver enzymes that can in turn be responsible for flushing away carcinogens picked up in dietary consumption.
3. Cabbage: Another enzyme booster, this healthy addition to a liver cleansing diet is also a staple to many typical weight loss plans. Consider soup or slaw for a variety of ways to enjoy this liver friendly food.
4. Walnuts: Boasting high levels of arganine, walnuts can help the liver detoxify ammonia but are also helpful in simply maintaining overall healthy liver function thanks to omega 3’s and glutathione. Enjoy sparingly but often sprinkled on salads or by the palmful as part of a liver cleansing diet.
5. Lemons and Limes: Fruits associated with tropical drinks and summertime are also a great part of a liver cleansing diet thanks to their high content of vitamin C. This essential vitamin is known for its role in immunity but is also essential to liver processes and its ability to cleanse toxins from the body.
6. Leafy Greens: Essential components of a general healthy diet, greens are also an important part of a liver cleansing diet. The contain chlorophyll which is not only responsible for their emerald hues, but also useful for absorbing toxins that can wreak havoc on the body and make the liver work harder than it needs to. Regardless of what type of diet you are considering, leafy green vegetables are always a great bet.
7. Green Tea: Containing large amounts of antioxidants that are important to liver function, green tea can help improve the function of this large meaty organ which can help it to better detoxify the body.
8. Garlic: A superfood by many accounts, this pungent meal enhancer has the ability to not only flavor your delectables but also to activate liver enzymes that are crucial to everyday function. Enjoy garlic raw or cooked for numerous benefits as part of a liver cleansing diet.
9. Chicory Root: One of the oldest used liver cleansing herbs, ancients used it for jaundice, gall stones and liver stones and is thought to help with liver function as well as serve as a useful digestive aid.
10. Whole Wheat: A far superior option to other bleached white flour empty carbs, whole wheat options are not only useful for metabolizing fat, but also useful for improving liver function.