Top 10 Dry Scalp Remedies
Having an unhealthy scalp can be a drag, which is why fast working dry scalp remedies are important to many people. Since nobody wants a bunch of dandruff and dead skin flakes sitting on their shoulders, dry itchy scalp should be eliminated at the very first sign. Here are the 10 best home remedies for dry skin that can also be applied to the top of your head.
1. Olive oil – If you have a bottle of olive oil on hand, you can whip up a variety of dry scalp remedies. Alternatively, olive oil can also be applied directly to the scalp for the instant eradication of flakes.
2. Plain yogurt – Be sure to use yogurt that is free of sugar, fruit or other ingredients. Either place the yogurt right on your head, or add it to one of your favorite dry scalp treatment products.
3. Apple cider vinegar – Even a great dry scalp shampoo can leave a lot of residue behind. Use apple cider vinegar and water to clarify and clean your scalp.
4. Vitamin E – Try massaging a small amount of liquid vitamin E around the nape, temples and sides of your head to alleviate dry skin.
5. Lavender oil – Similar to vitamin E, lavender oil has many of the same properties but it also has a gentle and refreshing scent.
6. Aloe vera juice – If you want dry scalp remedies that can also aid in circulation and hair growth, give aloe vera juice a dry. While you will get faster results by actually using it on the skin, you scalp will take on a healthy glow if you consume aloe vera juice daily.
7. Massage – Using just your fingertips, massage your scalp a couple of times a day to stimulate your scalp to produce more natural oils.
8. Bananas and honey – Both bananas and honey are natural moisturizers, which will make the health of your hair and scalp improve substantially. You can try out different dry scalp remedies made with honey and bananas in order to get the best results.
9. Oatmeal – You do not dump a bowl of oatmeal on your head, but making a mask of oatmeal and water will sooth the scalp and make it much less dry.
10. Say no to caffeine – Drinking a cup of coffee is a great way to start the day. Unfortunately, it can be very drying to every part of the skin.