Top 10 Cinnamon Health Benefits
Cinnamon is used frequently to flavor desserts and beverages and even the occasional main dishes. However, did you know that there are many cinnamon health benefits that you may be missing out on by not incorporating this tasty spice into your diet? Many alternative medicine experts claim that there is a cinnamon metabolism link, and there has even been some evidence to suggest that cinnamon and diabetes could be linked as well. In any event, there are many cinnamon health benefits that might be of interest to you, and we’ve identified the top 10 best!
1. Appetite loss: Not feeling hungry? Well how about using cinnamon to boost a less than adequate appetite?
2. Bloating: Overindulgence or gastrointestinal issues can lead to bloating which can cause pain and discomfort. Cinnamon health benefits are thought to include relieving this abdominal plight.
3. Vomiting: Some users think that cinnamon extracts may include relieving vomiting, although there is no scientific evidence to support that it is effective in this use.
4. Diarrhea: The jury is still out on how effective cinnamon might be at counteracting a leaky rear end, but users claim it can actually help reduce diarrhea recurrence.
5. Common cold: There is no cure for the common cold, and cinnamon isn’t the wonder drug to put that statement out in the cold, however some users suggest that cinnamon can help reduce the symptoms of this common ailment.
6. Menstrual problems: Cinnamon has been thought of as a blood purifier and whether or not that has any relevance to its purported use as a menstrual symptom reducer is unknown, however users claim cinnamon has menstrual benefits.
7. High blood pressure: An elevated blood pressure level is thought to be remediable via cinnamon health benefits although there is no evidence to support same.
8. Muscle spasms: Cramping can be painful and inconvenient, and it’s been said that cinnamon can help stop spasms in their tracks.
9. Gas: Gas got you down? Use cinnamon to silence a noisy digestive system fast!
10. Chest pain: There are some people that claim that cinnamon can be an effective ally against chest pain, although there is no evidence to support this claim.
Cinnamon extract benefits are numerous, but the most common is simply being a tasty and delicious food additive. While normally safe when consumed in foods, excessive consumption can lead to cinnamon side effects such as liver troubles. As such, moderation is key when enjoying cinnamon whether for simple pleasure or as a herbal healing remedy.