Top 10 Bloated Stomach Causes
Are you experiencing bloatedness after an especially large meal, eating certain foods, stressful events or are you suffering from chronic indigestion, flatulence, abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea? Our top 10 bloated stomach causes list will highlight major common factors contributing to your bloatedness:
1. Eating an unhealthy diet consisting of fried, greasy, high in sodium and processed foods at irregular intervals can put any digestive system out of order and give you a bloated belly.
2. Drinking carbonated beverages like soda, beer and alcohol can create excessive gas buildup in the intestinal tract.
3. Caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee and chocolate can easily add to your bloated stomach causes.
4. Smoking irritates delicate stomach lining and makes you inhale extra air resulting in bloatedness.
5. Food allergies and sensitivities to lactose, soy, wheat, eggs, nuts will give you bloating after meals.
6. Limit common gas-producing foods like beans, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, raw onion, garlic, hot pepper as your body might not have enough enzymes to process them before you figure out the underlying bloated stomach causes.
7. Stress is a major contributor to muscle spasms that eventually lead to digestive system problems.
8. Lack of exercise and sedentary lifestyle are two very important contributors to bloated stomach causes.
9. PMS and pregnancy can cause bloating after meals as the interior stomach muscles become sluggish due to high level of hormones present.
10. Medical conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, gastroparesis, food poisoning and other various intestinal tract diseases can be contributing factors to your bloated stomach causes.
Talking to your doctor will help you determine the exact bloated stomach causes and bring you relief.