Top 10 Benefits of High Fiber Diets
You have probably heard many times from your doctor that high fiber diets are good for you.
There are two types of dietary fiber that are both necessary for maintaining good health, soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber can be dissolved in water and works by preventing absorption of bad fats and keeping the blood sugar levels steady. Insoluble fiber can not be digested by the body and adds roughage to the stool and speeds up its evacuation.
Fiber can be obtained from certain high fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans and insoluble fiber supplement that can be adjusted to your dietary needs to avoid gas and bloating side effects.
What are the actual benefits you can gain if you to stick to a high fiber foods list to include in your diet and how it can affect your well-being?
1. High fiber diets can help you regulate bowel movements, cure constipation and aid in establishing good intestinal flora.
2. Insoluble fiber supplement can cut risk of developing colon cancer by speeding up your digestion and washing toxins away from your system.
4. Foods in high fiber diets are also natural remedies for high cholesterol as fiber actually binds bad cholesterol and prevents it from entering blood stream.
5. According to multiple studies foods rich in fiber help prevent blood clots formations that can lead to strokes and heart attacks.
6. High fiber diets are essential for people affected by Type 2 diabetes that can be easily controlled by a diet as they help maintain steady levels of blood sugar and help control food cravings.
7. Weight loss is a direct result of high fiber diets that help feel full longer and prevent overeating by creating low-calorie volume in the stomach.
8. High fiber diets have a tremendous dental health benefits since high fiber foods take considerable chewing time allowing teeth and gums to be exposed to saliva and decrease potential for cavities and gum disease.
9. Detoxification is another benefit to gain from high fiber diets exposure, fiber literally dislodges multiple debris and toxins that colon can harbor and potentially lead to multiple diseases from allergies to cancers.
10. Better absorption of vitamins and minerals also needs to be mentioned in relation with high fiber diets that make it possible due to a much cleaner colon. If the digestive system does not function properly, the body is unable to gain maximum benefits even from the most nutritious diet.