Top 10 Bacopa Monnieri Benefits
Bacopa Monnieri (also known as Water Hyssop and Brahmi) is a creeping perennial that has long been used as a healing herb in Ayurvedic medicine. In fact, it’s been thought to treat everything from pain to memory loss. It’s thought that the way that Bacopa Monnieri extract works is by increasing chemicals in the brain that are used for memory, thinking and learning. Brain benefits aren’t the only positives you’ll find from this marshy magician, and we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 Bacopa Monnieri benefits that you need to know!
- Anxiety Attacker: One of the most notable herbal remedies for anxiety, Bacopa is also thought to be useful in ADHD as well.
- Irritable bowel syndrome Infiltrator: While there is no scientific evidence to suggest otherwise, Bahmi is still traditionally used and thought of as a cure for IBS and useful as part of an irritable bowel syndrome diet.
- Tumor Terminator: Ancient medicine and modern practitioners claim that one of the top 10 Bacopa Monnieri benefits worth noting is its effects on tumors, although no evidence exists to support this theory.
- Ulcer Underminer: Because of its purported ability to increase digestive juices, Bacopa is considered an alternative remedy for ulcers.
- Inflammation Invader: One of the lesser known top 10 Bacopa Monnieri benefits is it’s supposed ability to relieve inflammation.
- Anemia Assailant: Ayurvedic medicine uses Bacopa as an aid for anemia, although science has not yet hopped on this iron deficient bandwagon.
- Asthma Assistance: There is some debate whether asthma is truly one of the top 10 Bacopa Monnieri benefits because its effects on the lungs may actually worsen the condition in some people. However, it is still in some cases considered a remedy for asthma traditionally.
- Epilepsy Eradicator: There is no scientific evidence that Brahmi has any effect on epilepsy, however studies on rats show promise on many brain related used for bacoma.
- Indigestion Liberator: Stomach ails are common on the list of the top 10 Bacopa Monnieri benefits, however they are hardly proven. Indigestion is both a reported use and side effect of brahmi.
- Memory Retention Master: Cognitive function improvements have been studied and documented and might perhaps be the most important of all benefits from bacopa. Prevention of Alzheimer’s is being studied as well.
The side effects of Bacopa Monnieri have not yet been fully studied. As such, proper precautions should be used when calculating Bacopa Monnieri dosage and being aware of potential side effects. Should you experience any side effects while using Brahmi that are unusual, severe, or indicative of an allergic reaction, stop use and seek medical care. Herbs and supplements are best used under the advice and care of a doctor in order to ensure safe and proper use and reduced risk of interactions from conditions and medications.