Top 10 Asparagus Benefits
1. Detoxification- One of the biggest asparagus benefits is that this vegetable helps detoxify the body. Asparagus contains large amounts of potassium, which eliminates toxins and helps eliminate stubborn body fat in the belly.
2. Delay in Signs Of Aging- Both the vegetable form and asparagus extract can help fight the effects of aging. High levels of antioxidants trap free radicals before damage and the effects of aging can occur.
3. Lower Heart Disease Risks- Asparagus is an ideal food for heart health. This vegetable has a large number of different nutrients and compounds that provide protection to heart tissue.
4. Increased Sex Drive- One of the top asparagus benefits is the fact that this food can increase libido and sexual arousal. It is speculated that this effect is caused by the shape of the food as well as the many nutrients it offers.
5. Cancer Protection- Folate in the diet helps to protect against all types of cancer. Asparagus is high in this nutrient, and offers protection against the development of cancer in the body. The link between asparagus and cancer fighting properties are proven.
6. Prevention of Osteoarthritis- Asparagus is one of the top foods for vitamin K, which is essential for bone formation and growth in the body. A diet high in this food can minimize the risk of osteoarthritis in the future.
7. Prevent Osteoporosis- Osteoporosis prevention is one of the top 10 asparagus benefits. This food promotes good bone growth and density, and can prevent fractures later in life when bone loss starts to occur.
8. Less Inflammation and Pain- The benefits of asparagus include a beneficial effect on inflammation and pain.
9. Birth Defect Prevention- The asparagus benefits include the prevention of birth defects. This vegetable has large amounts of folic acid and other nutrients needed during pregnancy, and can help prevent birth defects in the baby.
10. Better Digestion- Asparagus tea can help promote good digestion and encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract.