Seaweed Salad Nutrition Facts
Seaweed salad is a popular way to pack a nutritious punch to your diet. Rich in iodine, B vitamins, calcium, potassium and many other vitamins and minerals, brown seaweed, or kelp, is quickly becoming a staple among health food enthusiasts wanting to add some variety and excitement to their dinnertime menus. If you are interested in learning more about how a salad of seaweed may be beneficial to you and your health, read over these seaweed salad nutrition facts:
– Seaweed (kelp) is jam-packed full of iodine. Iodine helps improve thyroid function, which indirectly aids in weight management. For that reason weight loss herbs containing kelp and seaweed are a popular choice amongst dieters interested in going au natural.
– Most everyone who adds seafood salad to their regular diet suffers from some side effects. Because of its high concentration of iodine, kelp is sure to cause a number of side effects associated with heavy use of iodine supplements, such as breathlessness, fatigue, excessive weight loss, irritable bowels and heart palpitations. Additionally, kelp is a natural laxative, so diarrhea and stomach upset is common with its ingestion.
– One serving of seaweed salad contains only thirty-five calories, 5 grams of carbohydrates and two grams of fat.
– The many reported benefits of seaweed include relief of inflammatory arthritis, psoriasis, indigestion, kidney disorders and constipation.
– Because of its heavy vitamin and mineral content, sea kelp is a natural energy booster.
As with adding any supplement to your health routine, it is in your best interest to consult with your physician to make sure it is right for you. Because of its natural laxative effect and high iodine concentration, you should be prepared to experience some side effects, especially in the beginning. However, the benefits of seaweed salad may just outweigh the side effects if you experience a higher quality of life because of it. So, do your research and then eat up!