Do your hands always feel cold even when it’s warm outside, do you have a tingling or numbing sensation at the end of your fingers? Poor blood circulation could be the answer to your condition. The information in this article will help you understand what’s causing poor blood supply to your hands and natural ways to relieve it.
Major causes of poor circulation in hands:
1. Bad habits like alcohol consumption and smoking constrict oxygen flow to hands and organ tissues making your hands feel cold and sometimes bluish in color.
2. Chronic heart, kidney or lung diseases can contribute to poor circulation in hands.
3. Caffeine beverages might cause poor blood circulation and restrict blood flow to the limbs.
4. Stress could be greatly affecting poor circulation in hands as it causes neck and shoulder muscle spasms preventing a healthy blood flow to hands and arms.
5. Inflammation caused by carpal tunnel syndrome will inhibit proper blood supply to arms and hands.
Natural remedies for poor circulation in hands:
1. Massaging hands with essential oils like rosemary, lavender and eucalyptus diluted with neutral olive or jojoba oils.
2. Keeping a good posture throughout the day will keep your spine aligned and prevent muscle tension and poor circulation in hands.
3. Gentle stretching and basic yoga exercises target sore muscles and improve blood circulation.
4. Chiropractic adjustments and alignments are the most overlooked natural remedy to increase blood circulation in hands and arms.
If you suffer from poor leg circulation in addition to hand numbness and tingling, you should see a doctor to rule out a serious medical condition. Changing positions often throughout the day when sitting or standing, taking more breaks from being at the office all day for doing small exercises will greatly diminish poor circulation in feet and hands.