Milk Thistle Tea For Liver Problems Review
If you’re looking for an all-natural way to help your liver function, then consider milk thistle tea. The active ingredient in milk thistle is silymarin, a group of flavanoids that are strong antioxidants, reported to heal damaged liver cells and relieve inflammation. For those therapeutic qualities, milk thistle extract has been used for over two thousand years as a treatment for liver and gall bladder problems. If you are considering adding milk thistle to your health regime, you should read over this review of the use of milk thistle tea for liver problems. Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding whether or not to take milk thistle:
– Studies show there appears to be a link between milk thistle and liver functioning. For that reason, doctors sometimes recommend milk thistle liver detox routines for patients who are suffering from Hepatitis, liver disease caused by alcohol, and/or cirrhosis of the liver. The use of milk thistle also extends to those who have ingested poison mushrooms, to aid in quickly detoxing the liver.
– Milk thistle side effects are generally very mild and may include diarrhea and/or upset stomach. Some people may get a rash from touching the milk thistle plant, but milk thistle is widely considered one of the safest herbal supplements available.
– Milk thistle comes in a variety of forms, including capsules of dried herb, liquid extract and tincture. Milk thistle tea is one of the most efficiently absorbed methods for taking milk thistle.
– The recommended dosage of milk thistle is 280 to 450 milligrams a day, and in divided doses. It is advisable that you consult with your healthcare practitioner to determine the best dose for your needs.
– Organic milk thistle is the best way to ensure the purity of your herbal supplement.
Milk thistle is generally safe to use and can be beneficial to your health. If you are considering adding regular doses of milk thistle tea to your routine you should take all the reported risks, benefits and side effects of milk thistle into consideration. It is also very important that you see a doctor if you suspect you have a liver problem.