Low Carb Vegetarian Diet Plan – Top 10 Foods To Include!
Whenever you choose a diet plan, it can be daunting and a little bit scary. If after you have researched different diets and consulted a doctor, you may choose to try the low carb vegetarian diet. If you choose to undertake this, there are some things you should be aware of. First of all, work with your doctor. Ask for help. When you chose the low carb vegetarian diet, it may be a good idea to include low fat high fiber diet plans as well.
You have to remember when participating in the low carb vegetarian diet you are not only giving up most of your carbs but also your meats and proteins. It’s a good idea to find good high protein low carb diet foods for this reason.
You should also be aware of all the low carb diet side effects such as major sugar cravings, headaches, lethargy, constipation and bad breath. Because of these you can try some low carb fruits that have natural sugars like in the grapefruit diet. When choosing the low carb vegetarian diet, you may want to look into including a couple of different diet strategies into your plan until you find a system that works for you without veering off the path you have taken.
Below are some must have low carb vegetarian diet foods. Keep these in mind when you do your grocery shopping.
1. Hard boiled eggs – a great snack with a little pepper.
2. Spinach – good as a side dish or make it with a salad.
3. Mushrooms – a good substitute for meat as they’re high in protein.
4. Mozzarella Cheese – good protein. Be sure it’s low fat with no increase in carbs.
5. Eggplant – Another good alternative to meat – top it with tomato and mozzarella.
6. Wheat Bran – Good for increasing your fiber.
7. Veggie Burgers – These are soy based and good for you!
8. Grapefruit – Simple carbs, high in fiber and vitamin C
9. Cabbage – A great fat free side dish.
10. Wheat Pasta – A good alternative for those of us that just can’t give up pasta.