Top 100 Most Popular Herbal Remedies – Part 1
- Acai Berry
- Aloe Vera
- Black Cohosh
- Cayenne Pepper
- Evening Primrose
- Gingko Biloba
- Grape Seed
- Hawthorn Berry
- Hoodia Gordonii
- Horse Chestnut
- Milk Thistle
- Red Clover
- Stinging Nettle
- Turmeric (Curcumin)
Herbal Remedies – 2 | Herbal Remedies – 3 | Herbal Remedies – 4
Created by mother nature, herbal remedies has been used by our ancestors for many centuries delivering gentle, yet potent results in remedying an endless list of conditions and maladies without the harsh side effects of chemically engineered pharmaceutical drugs.
Read below where we uncover benefits of the best herbal remedies to help you along your journey to your ultimate health.
1. Acai Berry is nature’s best antioxidant and contains other essential nutrients providing lifelong vitality and good health. The acai juice or extract is recommended as a great way to stop the aging clock, cleanse body of toxins and reduce the oxidative damage stress. Due to the popularity of Acai Berry containing products, there have been quite a few of incidents involving fake acai herbal remedies virtually negating any health benefits of this mighty berry. Make certain to purchase these herbal supplements from a reliable source to maximize health benefits.
2. Aloe Vera is among multi-purpose herbal remedies aiding a myriad of topical and internal conditions. Its medicinal purposes were widely popularized by our predecessors and could benefit a number of conditions like skin inflammations, sunburn, skin rashes, dandruff, aging skin, heartburn, constipation and many more. Aloe Vera is a potent antibacterial and antifungal remedy that could be used to even treat stubborn fungal infections of the skin and nails.
3. Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng) is one of the most popular herbal remedies in Ayurvedic medicine delivering potent alkaloids and steroidal lactones, strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds. In modern day studies, Indian Ginseng showcased its ability to aid in fighting anxiety, depression, improve memory and mental clarity due to its antioxidant properties.
4. Astragalus is among ancient immune strengthening herbal remedies that can help body build up protective shield to resist common colds, flu, reduce the likelihood of developing cancer due to its antioxidant benefits and speed up metabolism to aid in weight loss. In modern studies, Astragalus herbal remedies have proven to contain strong anti-cancer compounds and kill cancer cells.
5. Black Cohosh is among truly women’s herbal remedies aiding in promoting gynecological well-being and assist in reducing menopausal and PMS symptoms by balancing out female hormones due to its high phytoestrogen content. Black cohosh benefits are not limited to female’s gynecological health, it’s also among vasodilating herbal remedies, relaxing and widening arteries, thus reducing blood pressure, spasms and pains associated with migraine headaches.
6. Cayenne Pepper does not only add a spicy kick to your dishes, it has earned trust and respect among herbal remedies delivering great health improving properties, including blood circulatory problems, poor digestion, inflammation, skin conditions, bronchial problems and many others. Due to its high capsaicin content, cayenne pepper is a strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant herbal supplement.
7. Celery has an endless list of medicinal uses and provides relief from the following conditions like swelling of the extremities, parasite intestinal infestation, lack of menstruation due to hormonal imbalance, gout symptoms and constipation. Various parts of the plant including, root, seeds, stem or leaves can be used to assist various conditions and providing help for anxiety, muscle spasms and other maladies.
8. Chickweed is among superior topical herbal remedies to provide relief for all sorts of skin inflammations including diaper rash in babies. If applied topically, it can remedy psoriasis, eczema and serious skin infections. Internally, it’s a great way to treat an array of bladder and urinary tract conditions.
9. Dandelion herb is a potent diuretic that can help patients affected by diseases triggering fluid retention in the body. This versatile herb should be part of anyone’s home remedy kit that can aid during incidents of high fevers, skin inflammations, gastric problems and diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
10. Echinacea is one of the most popular herbal remedies for enhancing immunity. This herb is recommended for individuals who a plagued by recurring throat, ear and sinus infections, frequent bouts of colds and flu. Additionally, Echinacea provides blood purifying and toning properties.
11. Evening Primrose is a rich source of essential fatty acids providing relief from a plethora of conditions like heavy menstrual flow, PMS symptoms, hormonal imbalance, breast tenderness and many more. This oil calms skin, provides superior skin hydration and helps strengthen bones.
12. Ginger is a champion among herbal remedies for digestive health. Not only this herb promotes healthy digestion, it helps prevent gas, bloating, constipation and fights nausea and vomiting. Ginger is a proven antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory herb that can slow down aging, promote joint and skin health, and enhance blood circulation.
13. Gingko Biloba has multiple health benefits but its neuro-protective and disease fighting properties made this herb very common to treat blood flow related disorders, dementia, memory and mental clarity issues. Gingko Biloba has been proven to be effective to treat male infertility, eye and skin disorders like psoriasis and eczema.
14. Ginseng is one of the essential herbal remedies from ancient Chinese medicine and can provide essential health benefits. Chinese doctors use this herb to enhance sexual and mental activity, promote healthy aging, tone body and enhance virtually all systems of the body.
15. Goldenseal is another popular and multi-purpose herbal supplement that can remedy and endless list of health problems. Historically, Goldenseal was used topically to treat skin rashes, chicken pox sores, cancer sores, eczema and many more. If taken internally, it’s a proven way to fight inflammation of all sorts, infectious diseases, sore throat, otitis media and many other maladies.
16. Grape Seed extract is recommended as a potent antioxidant to remedy diseases and conditions where oxidation stress is causing obvious problems like excessive aging, cancer and overall high toxicity of the body. Grape Seed extract in clinical studies has been proven to strengthen blood vessels, fight bad cholesterol and heart disease. Additionally, this herbal supplement is recommended for patients suffering from skin inflammatory diseases and even fibromyalgia.
17. Hawthorn Berry is a champion among heart strengthening herbal remedies by widening arteries, enhancing blood circulation and normalizing blood pressure. Additionally, this herb can help with anxiety, muscle spasms and even heavy menstrual flow.
18. Hoodia Gordonii is world’s most ancient appetite suppressant that was widely used by African Bushmen during their long trips across the dessert. Since food supplies were scarce, this herb was used to suppress appetite and provide energy during such journeys. In modern time, Hoodia Gordonii is a common ingredient in various natural diet pills providing appetite control and healthy weight loss boost. Since this herb is known to suppress feeling of thirst along with hunger, you are advised to watch out your fluid intake to avoid dehydration.
19. Horse Chestnut is among flavonoid-rich herbal remedies known to strengthen the walls of veins and arteries providing relief to sufferers from enlarged varicose veins, poor blood circulation diseases, arthritis and even hemorrhoids. This herb could be taken both internally and applied as creams and ointments on skin.
20. Horsetail contains a plethora of bioflavonoids and also a chockfull of essential vitamins and minerals providing relief to an endless list of maladies ranging from swelling of legs and arms, kidney and bladder diseases, various types of bleedings and others.
21. Milk Thistle is used as appetite control tonic in people with excessive weight problems and as an appetite stimulant for individuals with sluggish appetite and digestive tract disturbances. Milk Thistle is the number one detoxifier and antidote in cases with poisonous Amanita mushroom ingestion. In addition, this herbal supplement supports liver health by enhancing liver cell regeneration and can even destroy certain cancerous cells.
22. Peppermint’s main benefits are drawn from its high content of menthol which is very well known skin and digestive tract calmer. Additionally, peppermint assists in relieving conditions of the liver, chest congestion and upper respiratory system illnesses. Both internally and externally menthol in mint provides excellent anti-inflammatory properties.
23. Red Clover is a rich source of isoflavones and one of great herbal remedies to relief unpleasant symptoms of PMS like muscle cramps, abdominal pain and headaches. Besides this, red clover is a strong antimicrobial herb that has proven to fight tuberculosis infections and infections caused by common flu and cold.
24. Stinging Nettle has been traditionally used as a nutritional supplement for recovering patients to supply their bodies with calcium, iron, vitamins A, C and E, potassium and other beneficial compounds. Additionally, Stinging Nettle possesses strong medicinal properties, including diuretic, anti-inflammatory, anti-dandruff, antihistamine to treat a variety of allergenic conditions and expectorant properties.
25. Turmeric (Curcumin) is not only an essential component in curry spices but among world’s most potent herbal remedies providing numerous disease fighting benefits. Antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory compounds can treat various conditions of the skin, reduce sighs of aging and treat internal problems.