Top 100 Most Popular Herbal Remedies – Part 3
- Beet Root
- Raspberry Leaf
- Saw Palmetto
Herbal Remedies – 1 | Herbal Remedies – 2 | Herbal Remedies – 4
This article continues our series covering top 100 most popular medicinal plants providing a myriad of health benefits to help with virtually any malady, including cancer. Please read below to find out how these herbal remedies can help you.
1. Fenugreek is one of the strongest phytoestrogens among plants that additionally contains potent doses of steroid sapogenins. This herb is extremely female friendly helping with PMS symptoms, breast milk production, reducing blood sugar levels and, according to some anecdotal evidence, can even boost breast size, probably due to its high plant estrogen levels.
2. Saw Palmetto is widely used in urology to enhance male sexual function, reduce prostate inflammation and to boost urinary tract health. Its additional benefits include reduction of mucus build up in the respiratory system organs and cough.
3. Lavender is widely known for its calming properties, an excellent sleep inducer and skin soother for cuts, acne and mild irritations.
4. Sage tea and oil have an endless list of benefits and are used to heal wounds, soothe sore throats, stop lactation during weaning and an excellent antioxidant.
5. Parsley benefits go well beyond a humble garnish on your plate. A powerful diuretic is especially helpful for people prone to high blood pressure and swelling. Some researchers believe that it can also stop growth of cancerous cells. Moreover, it’s among medicinal plants that help improve memory and possess incredible antioxidant properties.
6. Arnica Montana is among few herbal remedies that could be extremely toxic when used internally due to its high content of helenalin. However, when used externally, this herb is an excellent antibacterial remedy for bruises, hard to heal wounds and can even stop bleeding after surgical interventions.
7. Hibiscus is not just an essential ingredient for delicious tangy beverage but a powerful diuretic, immune system enhancer due to its high vitamin C content and a blood pressure lowering natural remedy.
8. Eucalyptus oil is one of the most popular cold natural remedies that helps with many annoying symptoms like cough, congestion and sore throat. Skin rash soother, wound healer and mental health booster, its oil can rejuvenate senses and restore health.
9. Raspberry Leaf is widely known to be an excellent herb helper for women throughout all stages of their lives to help with easing unpleasant menstrual symptoms, boost fertility, supply body with essential nutrients necessary for healthy fetal growth, assist in childbirth and even enhance lactation.
10. Flaxseed is an indispensible source of plant based Omega 3 fatty acids. It’s chockfull of other nutrients, fiber and anti-inflammatory properties.
11. Sassafras is not only an essential ingredient in root beer giving it the distinct flavor but also a great toxin eliminator, blood pressure reducer and cold remedy. Many doctors warn against prolonged use of this remedy to avoid liver toxicity.
12. Beet Root health benefits are truly priceless; this delicious vegetable is an excellent blood purifier, supplies body with a myriad of vitamins and minerals. It’s good for the health of heart and liver, digestive tract and respiratory organs.
13. Jojoba is widely used in cosmetic industry as an ingredient for lotions, beauty products and shampoo. Additionally, the oil of this shrub is helpful for hair loss, bad acne, dry skin and wrinkles.
14. Oregano is not just a humble herb we use to sprinkle on our pizza, it contains potent doses of powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties that help us fight a plethora of maladies like strep throats, flu, various bacterial infections. Surprisingly, this mighty herb is several times stronger of an antioxidant than berries and should be added fresh into salads and dried into soups and main dishes.
15. African Mango products have been greatly popularized due to their strong weigh loss benefits. According to preliminary research, the high fiber content and essential nutrients contained in the nut of the fruit can break down fat, reduce cholesterol and lower blood sugar levels.
16. Calendula is indispensible for all sorts of skin conditions ranging from mere irritations to eczema and acne. It can also successfully treat internal problems like stomach ulcers, menstrual cramping and even conjunctivitis.
17. Chicory has been used throughout many centuries as a healthy substitute for coffee by individuals who for health reasons can not tolerate caffeine. Besides its pleasant taste this mighty remedy can work at ridding digestive tract of intestinal worms, constipation and helps body absorb more minerals from dietary sources.
18. Cranberry, according to multiple studies, has been found to be helpful in fight recurring bladder and UTI infections, lower bad cholesterol levels, provide excellent antioxidant properties and even halt growth of cancer cells.
19. Blueberry herbal remedies have been popular for many generations to treat common cough, improve immunity by supplying body with whopping amounts of vitamin C and rid bodies of damaging free radicals.
20. Elderberry medicinal plants rich in flavonoids are effective for treating flu, lessening flu symptoms by fighting inflammation and can even shorten its span.
21. Angelica (Dong Quai) is beneficial for both females and males. For females it helps manage common women’s maladies like menstrual cramps, pre and post menopausal symptoms and infertility. In men, these medicinal plants are effective in helping men overcome premature ejaculation.
22. Goji Berries just like any berries are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. In Chinese medicine these botanicals were used to provide longevity and treat age related illnesses, poor vision, heart disease and diabetes.
23. Grapefruit is a super star among medicinal botanicals due to its high content of phytonutrients. Its extract and fresh fruit forms have been known to enhance immunity, provide antimicrobial and antifungal benefits, help body shed excessive pounds and deliver strong anti-aging effect. However, this herb has been also known to strongly interact with some medications, so ask your doctor whether you can start taking it.
24. Lemon herbal remedies have been used for hundreds of benefits taken both internally and externally. Its high acidity is indispensible to treat a myriad of digestive disorders, skin problems, upper respiratory illnesses and bacterial infections. Additionally, this fruit changes body’s ph levels to make it more alkaline to promote overall health.
25. Fennel herbal remedies in tea and powder forms can help improve lactation in breastfeeding women, soothe an upset stomach and aid with persistent cough.