Top 100 Most Popular Herbal Remedies – Part 2
List of Herbal Remedies (continued):
- Green Tea
- Lemon Balm (Melissa)
- Olive Leaf
- Passion Flower
- Red Yeast Rice
- St John’s Wort
- Tea Tree
Herbal remedies are the cornerstones of many holistic medicine practices all around the world, including Chinese, Ayurvedic, Native American and African cultures and their use dates back to as early as before the recorded history. People had used various parts of plants, tree barks and roots to address common ailments, and at the beginning of the 19th century major scholars and chemists confirmed the effectiveness and potency of many popular in modern world herbal remedies.
Please see below where we uncover main uses for these 25 botanical remedies.
1. Alfalfa is a super herb that has been used to treat sluggish digestion and remove kidney stones. Additionally, this herb is a great tonic that provides a myriad of essential vitamins and minerals, remediates blood clots, enhances cardiac function and sexual performance.
2. Artichoke due to its bitter properties is an excellent appetite stimulant that gently helps poor digestion. It’s been found helpful to relieve stagnant bile and lower bad cholesterol along with gout disorders.
3. Asparagus is one of the stars among botanical medicines that have incredible prophylaxis benefits that can ward off hundreds of maladies from common colds to infertility and even cancer. Asparagus is one of the most female-friendly herbs that can enhance fertility, promote healthy pregnancy and help with abundant lactation.
4. Cherry and its juice is a potent antioxidant that possesses strong anti-inflammatory qualities making it very useful for various health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes and obesity. Cherry juice is also used in reducing pain of gout and arthritis sufferers.
5. Cinnamon is shaved bark off an Asian tree that has a variety of culinary and medicinal uses. Slightly sweet and spicy, this delicate spice can warm you up in cold weather and enhance blood circulation if taken with tea or hot apple cider. Cinnamon will not only soothe stomach cramps, treat gum disease, control vaginal yeast and provide a myriad of antiseptic benefits, it is a great botanical remedy for Type 2 diabetes sufferers that helps normalize blood sugar levels.
6. Coconut and specifically coconut oil, especially if you use organic virgin varieties, possesses a wealth of health benefits and provides relief for the following ailments like skin dryness, eczema, baldness, heart disese, obesity and sluggish metabolism. Additionally, use coconut oil for everyday cooking purposes as the best oil that is the healthiest to cook with.
7. Green Tea is not only a delicious and uplifting drink but a botanical medicine that can remedy multiple conditions including premature aging due to its high antioxidant content, cancer by impending its growth and even heart disease by protecting blood vessels. Moreover, there are limitless uses of green tea in dermatology that can moisturize, rejuvenate skin and even provide sun protection benefits.
8. Olive Leaf extract possesses health benefits that are many times more potent than its oil form counterpart. Olive leaf supplement is a strong antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial preparation that is used to remedy common colds, flu, respiratory bacterial infections and yeast overgrowth.
9. Passion Flower is one of relaxing phyto medicines that is used in teas intended to promote sleep and ease restlessness. Often used in combination with chamomile, lemon balm and valerian root, it provides gentle yet effective insomnia relief.
10. Rosemary besides its wide culinary applications is a potent herb with an array of beneficial compounds like antioxidants, antibacterial and antiviral components. Rosemary herb and an oil derived from it can remedy anything from acne, dandruff, skin inflammation, colds and even Alzheimer’s disease that is believed to be partly caused by oxidative stress on the body.
11. Seaweed had been a staple not only in Asian cuisine but also in ancient Chinese medicine for many centuries and has a wealth of uses. Various kinds of seaweeds like sea kelp, nori, wakame, arame and sea lettuces are rich sources of vital nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, iodine, non-flavonoid antioxidants and vitamins from B and K groups. In addition, sea vegetables can flush toxic substances accumulated in bodies, regulate menstrual flow, boost libido and provide weight loss benefits.
12. St John’s Wort is one of few herbal compounds that are intended for the treatment of depression that donot carry the laundry list of dangerous side effects compared to antidepressant drugs. On top of its mood enhancing properties, St John’s Wort is a known remedy to treat sprains and muscle spasms.
13. Thyme is one of the best herbal preparations to help with symptoms of colds and flu that will provide antiviral and antibacterial benefits, reduce inflammation, swelling and congestion. It can also soothe cough and expel worms from the digestive tract.
14. Wheatgrass especially its juice is one of the most popular dietary supplements providing our body with an array of beneficial compounds and an endless list of vitamins and minerals. Besides its nutritional value, wheatgrass is a strong blood purifier that delivers live enzymes to help with digestion.
15. Papaya besides being a delicious fruit contains a wealth of health benefits ranging from poor digestion, liver and prostate problems. Powerful papaya enzymes help digest foods especially starches that can elevate gas and bloating. Papaya can also help de-worm your digestive tract from parasitic infestation.
16. Pomegranate is not only a super food but a powerful dietary supplement that provides multiple health benefits including cholesterol reduction, improved digestion, anti-aging properties and hypertension relief.
17. Motherwort is one of the best herbal remedies to support cardiac health, provide stress relief and enhance menstrual cycle.
18. Maca is a potent health benefiting root that had been used by native Peruvian civilizations for ages. Maca root helps boost sexual health and fertility, enhance immunity and fight depression. Maca is also used to relieve menopausal symptoms.
19. Catnip is a strong insect repellent and an herbal compound with calming effects. Catnip also helps provide antitussive properties or relieve coughs, and lower fever.
20. Valerian Root is one of the best natural remedies for nervousness, accumulated stress, anxiety and insomnia. Used alone or combined with other calming herbal remedies, valerian root also eases nervous stomach cramps.
21. Chamomile is prized for its all-over body calming properties. Not only it can soothe a nervous stomach, it can also ease up stress and tension. Safe even for pregnant women and infants, chamomile is an incredible natural sleep remedy.
22. Red Yeast Rice is a popular dietary supplement in Chinese medicine intended to regulate high levels of LDL cholesterol and enhance digestion. This is among herbal remedies that are recommended by holistic doctors as a safer alternative to statin drugs with serious side effects.
23. Kava Root is used to provide tension relief and relaxation. Along with its soothing properties, it can provide a gentle analgesic effect and is used to remedy sore throat.
24. Lemon Balm (Melissa) is a great plant that has a unique flavor that replicates minty and lemony notes. Melissa’s health properties resemble those of chamomile and help promote relaxation and ease tension all over the body. In addition to calming properties, this herb delivers relief from dermatological maladies like cold sores, insect bites and skin irritations.
25. Tea Tree is an important source for tea tree oil that is pressed from the leaves of an Australian tree. It’s hard to find any other phyto medicine that has such a variety of health benefits, namely, antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiparasitic. Use tea tree oil to treat warts, acne, skin and nail fungus, head lice infestations and many other dermatological nuisances.
Herbal Remedies – 1 | Herbal Remedies – 3 | Herbal Remedies – 4