1. Endometriosis is one of the top causes of infertility in women. This condition causes scar tissue to form which can interfere with normal conception and pregnancy. In some cases the scarring is so extensive that it is not possible for the woman to conceive at all. Surgery to remove the scar tissue may help improve the chances of a successful pregnancy in some cases.
2. Endometriosis and infertility are connected because this disease causes the cells inside the uterus and on the exterior uterine walls to grow excessively. This can cause uterine tissue to be found outside the uterus, and this tissue may cause severe pelvic pain and other symptoms in some cases.
3. Some women who are diagnosed with unexplained infertility actually have endometriosis, but have not had the condition diagnosed yet. When endometriosis and infertility are a problem there is help available. A laparoscopic exam of the pelvis can often diagnose this condition as the cause for infertility.
4. A diagnosis of endometriosis and infertility does not mean a childless future. There are a number of options available to treat this condition, as well as other fertility choices that can resolve the problem. A fertility specialist can help women conceive even with this disease.
5. Drugs and surgery are often effective as female infertility treatment for endometriosis. Surgery is used to remove any tissue masses and lesions, and the medications help regulate hormone levels and the menstrual cycle.
6. If you suffer from endometriosis and infertility you are not alone. Some medical experts believe that as many as eighteen percent of the female population that is of childbearing age has endometriosis to some degree.
7. An endometriosis diet can be a natural way to try and treat infertility caused by this condition, as well as the disease itself. Inflammation is the main symptom of this condition, and foods which aggravate this symptom are avoided completely. Reducing the inflammation and symptoms can increase the chance of pregnancy.