Back Acne Treatment Review: Top 5 Picks!
Finding the best acne treatment for you can be difficult and with such a large variety of products available such as the very popular Proactiv acne treatment as well as shelf after shelf of over the counter products available at drug stores, deciding which to use can be confusing.
This is exacerbated further when you are dealing with body or back acne as not all products, such as those like Exposed Acne Treatment, are effective or practical to use on large areas of the body. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 picks you can try if you are suffering from back acne that are practical, affordable and ideal for treating the appearance and symptoms of acne on the backside.
1. Over the counter Body Wash: There are various types of body wash that can be useful as back acne treatment options. Since one of the most common back acne causes is sweat, keeping this area clean and free from acne causing bacteria is of the utmost importance. Consider options like Murad Acne Body Wash, which contains salicylic acid, or Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, which contains the same powerful active ingredient. Gentle washing and not rigorous scrubbing is recommended for the use of these types of products, as being too harsh may actually worsen the condition.
2. Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray: If you are not into the body wash method as a back acne treatment, you can try this lightweight spray from Neutrogena. It dries fast and clears body breakouts and can be an effective acne treatment for various parts of the body, not just the back. The spray formula makes application much easier as well for those who can’t reach their entire backside. Dryness and irritation can occur with the use of this product as with many that employ the use of salicylic acid, so use sparingly at first to identify potentially adverse reactions.
3. Glytone Back Acne Spray: Another sprayable formula that makes application simple and easy, this offering from Glytone also helps improve skin condition with its dermis improving ingredients. It contains salicylic acid to provide an effective back acne treatment that will help acne clear up in no time. And, you don’t need a friend to help you apply! It has a unique upside down pump that works even when inverted, so you don’t have to share embarrassing acne with those around you. It also can help to unclog pores and prevent the recurrence of future breakouts and blemishes.
4. Topix Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 10%: Recommended as a back acne treatment to be used twice a day in the shower, this powerful blemish fighter employs the use of benzoyl peroxide to clear up acne and blemishes with daily use. There are some that experience irritation and drying with the use of this product, and it’s likely that users will be slightly more sensitive to the effects of the sun, so therefore sunscreen is important for users of this back acne treatment.
5. Alpha Hydrox Advanced Lotion: Whether used alone or in conjunction with other back acne treatment options, this lotion can help clear up acne breakouts on body surfaces. It’s also useful for improving skin condition by firming and softening the skin as well.