All Protein Diet Plan – Top 10 Foods To Include!
High protein low carb diet plans are nothing new, and with options like Atkins and even the popular French phenomenon, the Dukan diet plan, people looking to lose weight are more than intrigued about the benefits that an all protein diet has to offer. But, you may be wondering how to get started and what to eat on a high protein diet without feeling hungry all the time. To help you in your quest to shed the pounds, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 foods you might want to include on an all protein diet. By choosing a variety of foods, you can help stick to your high protein diet plan without getting bored from a lack of diversity in your meal options. So whether you are looking for meal ideas or snack suggestions, check out this list of the best foods to include on your all protein diet!
1. Turkey: It may seem like a no brainer, but serving up a serving of this holiday gobbler will add loads of protein to your diet. Just avoid the associated stuffing at all costs, it won’t sit well with any diet plan!
2. Chicken: chicken may be one of the most versatile meats available. With so many different cuts, the meal ideas are endless. However, for an all protein diet, stick to just the breast, boneless and skinless. While you’ll likely miss the added texture and flavor of the skin, omitting it will certainly benefit your weight loss goals. Try different dry seasonings and grill your breasts for some diet variety.
3. Tuna: Everyone knows tuna can be a great addition to a high protein diet plan, but there are some caveats. Canned tuna is just fine, but loading it up with mayonnaise or oil will counter your dieting goals, so just grab a fork and dig in!
4. Cottage Cheese: Cheeses in general are normally rather taboo in diet land, however there are low fat cheeses like cottage cheese that can supply protein and break up your meat on top of meat cycle day in and day out. A little bit of cottage cheese in the morning is a great way to start the day!
5. Pork Chops: Any diet that lets you enjoy pork chops is a tasty diet indeed. Select loin cuts and cook on the grill or in a touch of oil for a flavorful treat. This meat is easily enhanced by seasonings and marinades so flavor it up!
6. Tofu: Tofu is popular amongst people on an all protein diet. In part for its nutritional values but also for its versatility. Tofu literally soaks up anything around it meaning that it can be a breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and even dessert. Tofu is definitely the food you can have your way and is a great incorporation to an all protein diet.
7. Beef Jerky: Finding snacks can be difficult when dieting, and the protein diet is of particular hassle because nobody wants to grill a piece of chicken just to have a snack. So, reach for the beef jerky! Not only is it one of the best options among high protein snacks, it takes forever to eat and makes your body to a lot of work to chew it and break it down, meaning you can exercise while you snack!
8. Eggs: No doubt that you’ll be seeing a lot of this chicken product while on your all protein diet, but you can spice up eggs in a lot of ways and enjoy them at any time of the day. Consider the whites in particular for their lack of cholesterol and high protein.
9. Sunflower seeds: nuts in general are both loved and hated by people on diets. They provide a ton of nutrition, loads of protein, but dreaded fats. Consider them as snack options or sprinkle them on other meals for added crunch and texture, but use sparingly.
10. Soybeans: beans like kidney and fava are a staple for people on protein diets, and soybeans fall into this category as well. Soybeans contain 29 grams of protein per cup and can serve as a great side dish to your meat main dishes.