7 Situations When Orthodontics Treatment Is Necessary
There are certain times when orthodontics treatment is a necessary measure for an individual’s well-being. Often, orthodontics treatment is a post orthognathic surgery procedure which will include the necessary orthodontic appliances for positive results. Adult orthodontics treatment is frequently used to prevent suffered health issues that derive from misaligned teeth. There are times that wisdom tooth extraction is the first step to further orthodontics treatment. Although it seems that orthodontics treatment is solely for cosmetic issues which are warranted for someone’s self esteem, there are times when such treatment deems more of a necessity for other possible life situations.
The following are seven life situations when orthodontics treatment is necessary:
1. There are many people who have narrow jaws. This condition leaves little room for teeth to be properly situated in the mouth. Crowding and shifting of teeth will occur.
3. When teeth are not aligned properly, there is additional stress on the mouth, teeth, and facial muscles. This stress is caused from something as simple as biting into a crusty sandwich or chewing a piece of gum.
4. When tension headaches frequently arise, it has been suggested that dental issues including insufficient teeth alignment is often the cause of such discomfort.
5. The alignment of the teeth highly affects the jaw, mouth, and facial muscles. When TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, is suffered due to misalignment, orthodontics treatment is often recommended.
6. Not being able to properly chew food due to inadequate teeth alignment will cause digestive issues and lack of proper vitamin and mineral absorption.
7. Orthodontics treatment is often used for various speech impediments including lisps.