When that annoying pain in the neck arrives and it is blamed on the position in which we sleep, chances are that could be true. However, if neck strengthening exercises were performed on a regular basis, the position you sleep in, or the activities you participate in will most likely not cause neck pain. When it comes to aging, we often experience neck sagging along with wrinkles. Before realizing that exercise may be the key, many will apply a neck cream in hopes the wrinkles will disappear. Creams may be beneficial for wrinkles, but neck strengthening exercises will add the power that will prevent further neck aches and stiff neck Anti aging exercises for facial wrinkles and droopiness are proven to be beneficial and often take the place of plastic surgery. Toning the neck with neck wrinkles exercises and neck strengthening exercises will also erase years off appearance.
The following are 7 neck strengthening exercises to remember. Repeat each exercise 5 times:
1. For cervical flexion, tuck the chin inward to reach your chest. Then, bend your head back as far as possible.
2. With lateral flexion, reach the right ear to the right shoulder, or as far as you can. Do not turn you head. Repeat on the left side.
3. While turning your head to the right, reach your chin past the shoulder without raising the shoulder. Hold up to 5 seconds and repeat on the left.
4. Stand with the feet shoulder length apart. Interlock fingers with the hands in back of the neck. Pull down toward the floor. With a deep breath, stare at the ceiling while standing on your toes. Hold up to 5 seconds.
5. Another of the neck strengthening exercises is to place the palms of your hands to your forehead. Resist the motion while pushing the palms and head against each other. Hold for 5 seconds.
6. While placing the hand to the side of the head, attempt to meet your ear to the shoulder while resisting the movement. Repeat on the opposite side. Also, hold still on each side for 5 seconds.
7. While hands are placed behind the head in a cupped position, push back your head while resisting the movement. Hold for 5 seconds in this position.