Proper testosterone levels are essential for a man’s well-being including his overall health and sexual performance. Low testosterone levels are at the foundation of many health conditions like heart and prostate diseases, low bone mass, hair loss, weight gain and causes of male impotence.
Sometime after men enter their 50s, they very often face male hypogonadism, or slow decrease in body’s natural production of male hormone testosterone. Nowadays male menopause starts affecting men as young as 40 due to unhealthy lifestyles, high stress demanding jobs and low nutritional levels.
Male hormone replacement therapy is very often recommended as a way to raise low testosterone levels; however, this artificial therapy comes with a hefty list of side effects like depression, override of man’s own testicular function, hair loss, mood swings, increased risk of prostate cancer and many more.
Natural ways to deal with low testosterone levels focus on bringing balance to your life that initially resulted in your diminished levels of this important hormone. Read below to learn ways to raise testosterone levels naturally to guarantee your optimum health.
1. Exercising the right way will not only help you lose way, it will naturally affect your low testosterone. Weight training with adequate weight appropriate for your fitness level is the key for increasing lean muscle mass. The weigh has to be heavy enough to make you struggle through each rep but light enough to allow you to finish it. Sprint running or circuit training could be great additions to your workout regimen on your off days from weight training. Do not over-train as it may cause cortisol levels to spike.
2. Wholesome diet is a foundation of the natural approach to raise low testosterone levels. Include healthful fats that are necessary for hormone synthesis like fats found in nuts, seed, avocados, olives and cold water fish. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli will help rid body of toxins and supply you with essential vitamins and minerals. Adequate lean protein intake will help you build stronger muscles.
3. If you are suffering from low testosterone, one must pay special care to include these vital elements in his diet like zinc, vitamins B-complex, C, D and E necessary for maintaining proper levels of hormones.
4. Getting adequate amount of sleep is one of the most important factors to consider that can raise low testosterone levels. Testosterone is naturally produced during periods of rest, that’s why many men feel sexually recharged after getting proper sleep. If you continuously do not get enough sleep, your body tends to produce less male hormone.
5. De-stressing your life is a key to have high levels of testosterone and good overall health. Stress hormone cortisol is an unfortunate result of especially demanding lifestyles that can contribute to heart disease, weight gain and wreck havoc in your health.
6. Xenoestrogens are man-made compounds that are present in a large number of commercially manufactured products like fertilizers, preservatives, plastics. Go green to control too much estrogen being produced in your bodies as a response to chemical overload. Eat organic fruits and vegetables, consider using compost in your garden, buy only natural paraben-free cosmetics, and drink water out of a glass container.
7. In order to keep your testosterone levels up naturally, it’s important to have regular sexual interactions with your partner.
Low testosterone signals the necessity to bring balance and serenity back into your life that could be accomplished with our easy to follow tips.