7 Myths About Erectile Dysfunction Remedies
1. One of the biggest myths concerning erectile dysfunction remedies is that a pill will usually fix the problem. For many men there may be both physical and psychological factors at work, and a quick fix is not possible in many cases.
2. In some cases low testosterone levels will cause ED, but in most men this is not the underlying problem. The myth that getting a testosterone shot or supplement will always help is not true. For many men this treatment is not effective because the ED is not caused by a hormonal imbalance but other things instead.
3. One of the advertised erectile dysfunction remedies is Yohimbe, an herb which does stimulate blood flow to the genitals. This herb can be dangerous though, even when taken in small amounts, because it can cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure that can cause life threatening complications, as well as other problems.
4. One myth is that herbal remedies for erectile dysfunction do not work, and male hormone replacement should be used instead. Many herbs can help increase the flow of blood to the penis, and if the cause of ED is restricted blood flow then these herbs can be very effective.
5. Erectile dysfunction remedies are nothing to be ashamed of, and ED does not reflect on the virility or masculinity of the sufferer. A lot of men feel like this condition is a reflection on them, and the myth that real men do not suffer from ED is not true at all.
6. One common myth is that using L-Arginine erectile dysfunction remedies cannot help with this condition. This amino acid can help relax blood vessels, allowing more blood to reach vital areas. Before starting any herbal remedies or supplements a physician should be consulted.
7. A well known myth is that erectile dysfunction remedies do not work, and surgery or special devices will be needed to resolve this issue. Treatment for this problem includes many different options, and many men have had success curing erectile dysfunction without any drastic measures.