Can’t stop scratching and don’t know why? Itchy bumps on legs and feet can be caused by many things, but you’ll find seven of the most common causes below.
1. Insect bites: The most prolific of all life on earth, insects are found virtually everywhere. For the ground dwellers, the easiest access to you is via your feet and legs. Mosquito bites, fire ant bites and any other nibble from a tiny critter can cause not only one itchy lump, but can cause you to have itchy skin all over depending on which insect used your legs and feet for a buffet.
2. Allergies: Contact dermatitis caused from contact with allergens can also create itchy bumps on legs and feet. Allergic to your mom’s new laundry detergent? You’re going to have the itchies after putting that sock on.
3. Hives: Caused by a host of allergic reactions and health conditions, hives can spring up anywhere. While you usually first notice their appearance on your face, they can show up all over the body.
4. Heat Rash: That’s right, self explanatory. Go out in the heat, get a rash. Well not all the time and not every time but excessive heat can cause red itchy bumps on skin surfaces making you run for the air conditioner.
5. Chafing: Sounds sexy right? Friction from thighs constantly rubbing together can cause itchy bumps on legs and thighs that can cause discomfort.
6. Menstruation: A common cause of rashes, menstruation thankfully only causes them for a short time.
7. Anxiety: Generalized anxiety can manifest itself in the form of itchy bumps on skin. Anxiety can even turn into hives if you worry yourself enough, so mellow out, and take a deep breath.
While the list of causes of itchy bumps on legs and feet contain many common causes, less common causes such as drug interactions, skin diseases and autoimmune disorders may also cause similar symptoms. Therefore it is very important that if you have no idea what is causing your condition or think your condition is serious that you see a medical care provider right away.