7 Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Almost 90% of people are affected by dark circles under eyes caused by sleep deprivation, stress, unhealthful diets, sun damage and depression. Some individuals are more prone to this problem than others due to especially thin and delicate skin surrounding eyes making underlying blood vessels more visible. Some medications might also contribute to dark circles under eyes causes.
Our ancestors did not have access to fancy creams and serums and used home remedies for dark circles under eyes that are surprisingly simple incorporating everyday and easy to get ingredients.
1. Potatoes and parsley combined together not only act as one of the most powerful home remedies for dark circles under eyes by whitening skin and reducing puffiness, they also supply skin with large doses of vitamin C. Grate a small raw peeled potato, combine it with a handful of fresh chopped parsley, place this puree in a piece of cloth or a towel and apply under the eyes for 10-15 minutes.
2. Green tea is not only a healthful brew helping us regain our good health due to high concentration of antioxidants, but also one of the top home remedies for dark circles under eyes. Steep a couple of green tea bags in boiling water, remove from water and place in a refrigerator to cool, apply to the skin under eyes for tightening and whitening effects.
3. Freshly cut cucumber slices placed to the skin under eyes for 10-15 minutes are an incredibly simple solution for removing dark circles under eyes. Cucumbers are mostly water so they do wonder for the thirsty and tired skin under the eyes.
4. Herbal teas are not only good if taken internally, they can be incredibly helpful home remedies for dark circles under eyes using chamomile, dill or rosemary. Steep one teaspoon of any of the selected dried herbs in a cup of boiling water, brew for 10-15 minutes, cool, saturate a piece of cloth in this solution and apply under your eyes. These teas work by improving skin blood circulation and removing a typical “tired eyes” look.
5. Massaging almond oil into the skin around the eyes in the morning and at night is a proven way of removing dark circles under eyes.
6. Mixing equal parts of tomato and lemon juice and thinly applying this solution to the skin around your eyes will become one of the most effective home remedies for dark circles under eyes.
7. And the last but not least of all home remedies for dark shadows around eyes is getting plenty of sleep, limiting sodium intake and drinking plenty of pure water.
If you have rather advanced skin discoloration in the area under the eyes, compounded with visible bags under eyes that do not respond easily to any home remedies, you might benefit from non surgical eye bag removal that utilizes an innovative laser approach to tighten and rejuvenate skin under the eyes. Among other non surgical eye bag removals are injections with a variety of gel fillers like Juvederm or Botox injections to instantly make you look fresher and younger.