There are many home remedies for dry skin that are already available to you in your home. There is no way to avoid Itchy dry skin, at least at some point in your life. The oil glands can produce too little oil for many different reasons. A lot of the lotion for dry skin that is currently on the market only causes the body to overproduce natural oils, leading to clogged pores and oily faces. Use the seven following home remedies for dry skin and find instant relief.
1. Topical vitamins – Vitamins E, A and B are essential to the body, especially when treating a dry skin rash. A lack of these vitamins causes dry skin, so make sure that you take them both orally and topically.
2. Almond oil – Massaging a small amount of almond oil into the skin daily can alleviate almost all skins of rough, scaly skin.
3. Bananas – By making a simple paste from water and bananas, you can make your very own DIY dry scalp treatment. Let this mixture sit on the skin for at least 15 minutes in order to get the full effects.
4. Aloe vera gel – One of the best known remedies for dry skin include aloe vera gel. Soothing, moisturizing and cooling, aloe vera gel can also help with burns, cuts, abrasions and other irritations.
5. Grape seed oil – Although grape seed oil is a bit heavy, remember that you only need a couple of drops. Pour a little in the palm of your hand and apply it to the areas that need it the most.
6. Milk – Milk contains lactic acid, which is also a natural exfoliate. If your skin is dry because it hasn’t been exfoliated recently, milk just might do the trick. Add a little whole or powered milk to your bath water for versatile home remedies for dry skin that you can depend on.
7. Mineral water – Bathing with hard water can quickly dry out the skin and scalp. Use mineral or filtered water instead so that you skin is always baby smooth and stays well hydrated.