10 Unique Foods that Lower Cholesterol Levels
Who knew that lowering cholesterol naturally could be so delicious and satisfying? This article will present ways on how to lower cholesterol naturally and try out some of the word’s best unique ingredients to spice up your culinary routine and make healthier food choices.
Here is the list of top 10 unique (not that damn oats) foods that lower cholesterol levels:
1. Goat’s milk tops the surprising list of foods that lower cholesterol levels due to its fat’s molecular structure and affect on our bodies. Goat’s milk is loaded with calcium, phosphorus, potassium and protein. It’s much better tolerated by most people and does not cause oversensitivity and inflammation contributing to high cholesterol levels.
2. Dal is a term for beans and lentils popular in Southern Asian dishes spiced with turmeric, ginger, garlic and cumin. Dal based entrees are rich in fiber, protein and micronutrients that add bulk and enhance the digestive process.
3. Tempeh is also among unique foods that lower cholesterol levels and is a product resulting from soybeans’ fermentation process. Tempeh has a firm texture and stronger flavor than tofu and could be marinated in citrus juices, garlic, spices for incredible meatless but protein-packed meals.
4. Jerusalem artichoke or, also referred to as sunchoke, is a root vegetable prized for its low glycemic index carbohydrate flesh that does not raise your blood sugar of cholesterol levels.
5. Greek yogurt, especially its low fat version, is rich in probiotics that aid digestion and normalize intestinal flora. Probiotics also help block cholesterol re-absorption into the bloodstream.
6. Black soybeans are one of the greatest foods that lower cholesterol levels, reduce blood sugar and should be consumed regularly. You can find them in most health food stores.
7. Flaxseeds in the form of ground flaxseeds or its oil could be a great additive to your list of foods that lower LDL. Add to soups, salads, morning cereal and virtually to any meal to boost your Omega3 fatty acid consumption.
8. Psyllium seeds could be ground up and taken with water for a potent fiber cocktail that needs to be taken 30 minutes prior to meals. It’s a proven way to reduce your total cholesterol count by 10% by regulating bowel movements.
9. If you think of cinnamon as a boring spice you use rarely, think again as cinnamon was once considered as priceless as gold. According to the recent research only quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower blood sugar and lipids levels by 12%. Sprinkle some of this spice on your favorite foods that lower cholesterol levels naturally.
10. Celery seed like many other herbs and spices contain a wide variety of natural antioxidants that are proven ways to reduce cholesterol and keep your heart healthy.
Consuming the foods that lower cholesterol levels alone will not help you accomplish your normal cholesterol levels. A combination of a healthy diet along with regular exercise and lifestyle modifications are the best and only way to help lower your cholesterol.