10 Everyday Tips For Boosting Your Immune System
Your immune system is designed to protect you from viruses, bacteria, parasites and cancer. If want to stay healthy, you will be interested in boosting your immune system. The first step for building a strong immune system is knowledge. Here are 10 tips for boosting immune system naturally:
1. Practice stress management. Stress weakens the immune system. Reduce stress where you can. Learn stress reduction techniques like yoga, meditation, tai chi, or chi qong.
2. Get enough sleep. Each person has their own unique sleep requirement. Learn how much sleep is right for you and make sure you get that amount.
3. Eat antioxidants. Raw vegetables and fruits are loaded with these natural immunity boosters.
4. Drink tea, especially green tea. The antioxidants in the tea are great at boosting your immune system.
5. Go for a walk. Every time you exercise you are improving your immunity. Strive to get in 30 minutes of brisk walking or other activity every day.
6. Strengthen relationships. People who have strong relationships and a good social network have better immunity than those who don’t.
7. Don’t abuse alcohol or recreational drugs. Marijuana or too much alcohol can get in the way of your white blood cells that protect you from infection.
8. Take time for yourself. Take time for recreation, reading, spending time with others, or hobbies. People who do these things are generally healthier than those who don’t.
9. Give to others. Studies have shown that helping or giving to others in an excellent way of boosting your immune system.
10. Take immune system supplements. Multivitamins, vitamin C, and antioxidant supplements are good for boosting your immune system.
No one can guarantee that you won’t get sick. But if you practice these tips regularly, your chances of staying healthy will be greatly improved!