Orthopedic surgeons devote their medical careers to prevention and treatment of the diseases of musculoskeletal system organs like bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. The best orthopedic surgeons specialize in a certain area of expertise like pediatrics, reconstructive surgery or trauma. Some surgeons selectively perform only specific procedures like torn labrum surgery or partial knee replacement to facilitate their medical research in this area of interest.
Finding the best orthopedic surgeons could be a tricky task. Also, the definition for “the best surgeon” could vary from person to person. Orthopedic surgeons in the US mostly gain publicity through their published research or for being a surgeon for a celebrity or a well-known politician. Some best orthopedic surgeons are put in the public spotlight because of a special improved way of performing a certain orthopedic surgical procedure like hip resurfacing or partial knee replacement that makes them stand out among the best orthopedic surgeons.
If you are determined to find the best orthopedic surgeons across America our top 10 list might be helpful for you:
1. Jonathan Deland, MD (OrS) specializes in Foot & Ankle Surgery, Sports Medicine, Arthritis and practices at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Foot & Ankle Service in New York, NY.
2. Thomas Errico, MD (OrS) specializes in Spinal Surgery, Spinal Disc Replacement, Scoliosis and practices in NYU Langone Medical Center in New York, NY.
3. Evan Flatow, MD (OrS), his specialties include Rotator Cuff Surgery, Shoulder Injuries, Shoulder Replacement, Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery, Hip & Knee Replacement at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, NY.
4. John Healey, MD (OrS), his areas of expertise are Bone Tumors, Hip & Knee Replacement in Bone Tumors, Sarcoma, Sarcoma-Soft Tissue, Musculoskeletal Cancer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, NY.
5. Robert Hotchkiss, MD specializes in the following areas as Hand Surgery, Wrist Surgery, Elbow Reconstruction, Dupuytren’s Contracture and practices at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell in New York, NY.
6. Michael M. Alexiades, MD concentrates his efforts on partial knee replacements, hip replacements with minimal invasion to speed up recovery and practices at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, NY.
7. Allen T. Bishop, MD practices in Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN which is ranked #1 hospital by U.S. News Hospital Rankings, his areas of expertise are congenital hand diseases, upper extremity tumors, distal upper extremity tendon injuries.
8. Richard A. Berger, MD, Ph.D. His areas of interest include Joint Diseases, Distal Upper Extremity Trauma, Upper Extremity Peripheral Nerve and Vascular Disease, Upper Extremity Arthritis, he also practices at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
9. Maurice Albright, MD practices at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. His areas of interest include Congenital Musculoskeletal Deformities, Hip Dysplasia, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Pediatric Spine/Scoliosis, Pediatric Trauma.
10. Arthur L. Boland, MD practices at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA, he specializes in the following non-operative treatments as Sports Injuries, Upper and Lower Extremities.